1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Help with linking two WC GPU's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Parge, 27 Mar 2012.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Lads/Ladies

Bit of a strange question I was hoping you could help me with: I’m looking at Variable SLI VID fittings for linking 2x 480's.

Like this and this

I have the Asus P8Z68 Deluxe board, and am installing SLI 480’s between PCIe slots 1 and 2 (the blue and the white).
    [​IMG]

In this configuration the SLI connection nipple must cross 2x empty slots. Does that mean that I will need the 2 slot version, or the 3 slot version (ie: does the slot number refer to the number of empty slots it crosses, or does that number include slot the second graphics card is in?)

Many thanks!

2. Parge

Also, as an aside: what is the best way to clean out second hand WC gear before use? Rad, Res, GPU water blocks and CPU waterblocks as well as fittings.

3. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

hello,

I dont know about joining your cards as I haven't use full cover blocks so not used those types of fittings, all the crossfire builds I have done I've used core blocks and thus just done a U shaped bit of pipe between them.

Copper bits, like the bases of blocks etc. I normally leave to soak in white vinegar + salt, cleans the copper good and takes off the oxidised layer - would only leave it in that solution for a couple of hours though.

Rads (copper inside) I leave in a solution of water and lemon juice, then water and vinegar and then flush thoroughly, leave out for a bit, then flush again and flush again for kicks. Need to flush rads alot as you dont really want anything left in there to come out in your loop down the line. So flush one way, then flush the other way.

Clear res' that are stained with dye/pigment - I have never found a way of getting these clean!

4. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

They were kind enough to list the actual length so there should be no doubt, have a measure to verify.

5. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Bleach will clear anything out but then it must be flushed with distilled water and isopropyl. You can buy litre bottles of isoproply on ebay and add it to distilled water to clean.

6. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

Parge, you require a 2 slot bridge for connecting the blocks.

7. Parge

Ah! Thanks for the answer. Only reason I'm asking is because I haven't received the board yet and have to place my order with specialtech!

8. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

Not a problem mate.

9. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

cap of pinesol and DI water and run for a few hours then flush a few times