1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education March 2012 Apple Announcement - We have something you really have to see. And touch.

Discussion in 'General' started by Lorquis, 7 Mar 2012.

1. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Right so we're about an hour and a half away right now and I want to know what your predictions are and whether you'll be getting one!

I'll get the ball rolling!

It'll be called iPad HD, have that fabled Retina Display, 8MP 1080p camera on the back, and at least a 720p on the front. Maybe a 128GB version, but won't hold my breath.. There'll be an 8GB iPad 2 which will be probably about £100 cheaper or something.. Don't think Siri will make an appearance for the wifi version but maybe as a Wifi+3G edition?

Apple TV - as a one last thing.. should be 1080p, not holding my breath for Siri though..

Now what do you lot think?

2. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

iPad HD: Retina display, 8Mp Rear camera, 2Mp Front camera, 64Gb top version, 4G LTE + Wifi version. No Siri, unless a software update is included.

3. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Interesting, but still meh.

4. TheAppleFreak

TheAppleFreak What's a Dremel?

Me personally, I'm not getting the iPadHD as I bearly use my iPad2 however thats not to say I haven't been following the gossip like a little school girl.

You forgot to mention that iPadHD will be 4G ready!!! or will it?? also the public release of iOS5.1, they seeded the Gold Master edition not long ago to devs so a public release has to be done.

I'm hoping they give another in depth showcase of Mountain Lion I'm looking forward to see what else they crammed in.

All in all I can only see it being a spec boost, there were rumors about a glass back panel but.... :/

AppleTV is what I'm hoping to get out of this :p and 9to5Mac speculate a release of both iPad and AppleTV as early as Friday 19th March!

5. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I've never used an Xbox but isn't there a feature to select your movie or something using voice? If Microsoft can do that, I would expect that because Apple have Siri they would try intergrate it into AppleTV

6. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

iPad Jobs edition, you heard it here first folks.

7. Mark_Skeldon

Mark_Skeldon What's a Dremel?

I think they'll probably just end up calling it the iPad 3. It would follow their previous branding.

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Words can't quite describe how little I care but whatever it is will be shiny and sell by the truckload.

9. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

10. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Retina display, quad core graphics, iPhone 4S camera, microphone, 4G LTE.

Voice and gesture controlled massively multiplayer super HD Angry Birds incoming.

It's very slightly heavier and thicker than the iPad 2, but whatever.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a yet-to-be-unveiled surprise extra feature!

Last edited: 7 Mar 2012
  11. TheAppleFreak

The new iPad conventionally named 'The new iPad'.... nice to see their imagination didn't die with Steve.........

12. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

13. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

It's basically what was predicted - nice screen with some faster innards.

I'm more interested in the new AppleTV. 1080p support at long last, and with AirPlay screen mirroring coming in 10.8 I'll be able to use my TV as a second screen off any of my Macs with a single click, at full resolution. Pretty cool.

14. TheAppleFreak

The TV was the highlight for me, just sucks the the AppleStore is still offline and I cant order mine yet:wallbash:

Knowing my luck ill end up falling asleep, wake up at 3am and find its on pre-order for July :'(

15. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

I've ordered mine. The new screen is going to be lush, every other change is just to keep up (or mostly keep up) with all those pixels.

Didn't really have much choice to buy one as I need it for dev work. Had to do it over the phone though as the Apple store was (and still is) breaking a bit under the strain.

Say what you will about Apple, but they will sell a fair sized bucket load of these :)

16. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Won't be getting one but would be nice if Asus hurried up and released the HD version of the Transformer Prime - I might be tempted to part with a chunk of change for one of those running ICS but I suspect that worldwide capacity of that level of screen has been bought up for the next 6 months at least by Apple placing an order for squillions of them.