1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Enermax Fulmo GT Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 24 May 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It looks pretty good, but I'd rather buy the Elysium and spend £25 on a decent fan controller.

3. SpAceman

SpAceman What's a Dremel?

I would have liked to see some extra temp stats for the cooling after moving those two fans. Surely it would have been easy enough to fit into the review. CPUs and GPUs get overclocked in reviews to test how well they can be tweaked to perform better. Why cant a case review have something so minor and obvious as moving those two fans?

4. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

4x 180mm fans ?? someone needs to get 4 air pens on this board for some INSANE cooling

5. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

yeah It would be good to see the temps with the 2 side fans moved to the front. If your worried about skewing the results then just post it in the forums, surly its worth doing as I wonder if its the only case in its class that offers that capability, so it would be silly not to explore its potential.

6. HHawk

HHawk What's a Dremel?

Quick question:

I read the following from the review:
    "Enermax has likely used the same OEM manufactuerer as Xigmatek's Elysium, so both share a very similar, spacious internal layout."

Does this mean that the sidepanel from the Enermax would also fit on the Xigmatek? I would be grateful is someone could answer this for me?

Thanks.

7. bullseye

bullseye Who dares wins

How is this a Grand Tourer? Does it come with wheel barrow attachments.

8. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Time to go and see if OC3D.net have done a review as TTL normally reviews them with Rad's in the places that they are able to be put.

Good review but not the case for me to replace the poor old Cosmos 2 Ultra that is really not Watercooling Friendly or no where near as friendly as the Xigmatek Elysium.

10. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Looks like a CM 690

11. Kacela

Kacela What's a Dremel?

If I ever bought one of these monsters, the first thing I'd do is repaint those cheap looking, and almost case-ruining, silver plastic strips - they are distractingly tacky... I'll stick with my similarly-sized Lian Li for now.

12. KingSheepy

KingSheepy ?lemerD a s'tahW

I'm pretty sure it is one, even down to the tool-less 5.25" bays. I've seen a lot of cases that look like 690s, I reckon they're being dished out by some OEM and rebranded because there's stuff like it everywhere!

13. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

14. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

I've never really been much of a fan of the Fulmo, or it's variants. The plastics and top I/O features just make it feel like an upscaled 690 II at a much bigger price.

Mind you, the Fulmo Basic is definitely cheap, but then you have to add your own fans.

15. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

My thoughts exactly...

16. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

To me, it looks like the bigger brother of some of the Dell Optiplex boxes we have at the office. That is to say, no thanks.

17. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

I'd like some results with the fans moved somewhat to the front. And if you're at it, it would be mighty nice to just run a test with all fan mounts filled, just so you can say: its horribly loud, and the cooling is only a bit better, but its HOVERING....

18. sloth1969

sloth1969 What's a Dremel?

I have this case am in process of building a water cooled unit with a 360 up top with a 240 vertical next to the hdd cage and a 120 on the bottom. Will be posting photos when finished. Only on complaint which they moved the motherboard up a bit so you could stand the power supply on it's side like the TJ11 so I could have a bigger read on the bottom

19. ev1lm1nd666

ev1lm1nd666 What's a Dremel?

I know this is a minor gripe guys, but I've read a lot of case reviews where you have berated the manufacturer for not fitting more fans (yes, i agree they should be berated at least a little for it). As a lot of us would fit extra fans in our cases anyway, would it be possible to fill every fan space available and add that to the temps graph?

I know I prefer to have more fans and have them run slower than have only 2 or 3 and run em on high for example...

That way, we can see the true cooling potential for the cases.....

20. ev1lm1nd666

ev1lm1nd666 What's a Dremel?

Also, if you use the same fans for all reviews, we get even more comparable results as not all fans are made equal.....

Tags: Add Tags