1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Minecraft gets release date

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 8 Apr 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I lost my current addiction. Fell into lava one too many times while carrying diamonds.
    I find that the game needs a bit more substance at the moment. I'm sure that I will get back into it later.

And still waiting on some kind of underwater breathing device.

3. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Totally agree i lost my addiction. We set up our own server and had an active community but when me and the other admin lost interest a couple of months down the line. It just went downhill.

4. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I guess one way of developing games is not to launch them before people have already bored of the game.

Wat.

5. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

Puzzle mode should provide enough replayability

its like Portal but with minecraft

6. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

I've been out of it for the last month or so too, but this isn't the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last. I've been tempted to start a new world recently too in order to find some wolves, and with the Easter holidays I just might..

I'm definitely looking forward to NPC villages and the like, even if it comes as an expansion after release. I'd also like to see the mod community produce a few more game modes - I've always thought that the game itself should be pure, with modders coming in and developing games like 'build a fort and defend it from opponents'.

7. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

kids moved to gary's mod

8. d1ck0

d1ck0 What's a Dremel?

I just carnt stop playing this game !!! , the open development model has turned out to be financially beneficial to notch !.

I agree with chrisb2e9 , there should be scuba gear in game , possibly derived from rubber trees and working the iron ? :D

9. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Can't tell if trolling... or just very stupid.

Minecraft is still selling heavily chap. It will do for some time because the main basis is of creativity and gameplay. I for one never really get tired of making a Fort with pillbox's TNT traps in no man's land, a giant "THE GAME" sign mid fortress... then declaring war on the rest of my server in a PVP showdown and watch all their stuff crumble and cave... *evil laughter*

Minecraft will keep me as amused as Open Transport Tycoon for many years I reckon.

10. Jipa

Seriously? :sigh:

It's just an observation based on ever minecrafter I know.

Last edited: 8 Apr 2011
  11. Jipa

argh fail post

12. rehk

rehk What's a Dremel?

On the same day as Skyrim?

I couldn't give a rat's arse anyway, I never caught onto what was so great about Minecraft. To me, it just seemed to be Dwarf Fortress but in 3D and much worse.

13. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

The more it gets like Dwarf Fortress the better. Notch did model it on dwarf fortress by the way...

I still play that as well, tried installing some better texture packs the other day. Such an epic game. :thumb:

All these high end games come out and im happy to play minecraft, dwarf fortress, Open transport tycoon and cs1.6 :D

14. kzinti1

kzinti1 What's a Dremel?

Haven't paid any attention to it. The name implies that it's another dungeon crawler. What's it about?
    "'The plan is to be open with this and try to get people to cheer us on as much as possible.'" Cheer them on about what?

15. jamesislush

jamesislush What's a Dremel?

11th of November is Official Skyrim day.
    I couldn't care if this game came with 10 naked women lubed up to the max; nothing is keeping me from Skyrim!

16. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Basically yeah.

17. ObeyTheCreed

ObeyTheCreed What's a Dremel?

I've been playing this game for about a month now and i've never found a more addicting game ever, i've always thought sandbox games where fun, and indeed Assassin's Creed is freaking epic, but this game takes the genre to a new level. With all the mods and other things you can add to the game, there is a never-ending source of entertainment not seen in a long time.

18. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

I'm glad I own Minecraft, because it's accessible as a download from anywhere and it'll run on a turkey sandwich, so if my main PC melts down a fuel rod or whatever I can still actually play a real game and don't have to resort to switching on the Xbox. But let's not kid ourselves it's amazing. Nearly everybody I know picked up a copy, and sure, it was cheap and it provided generally 12 hours plus of fun, great fun in fact, but it's not going to change the world. Good game, well done to the devs, good effort, let's all move on with our lives until we need another fix of building something.

19. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

Theres a game just come onto Xbox Live called FortressCraft, Chapter 1 and it looks mighty similar to Minecraft.

20. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I can see the parrallels there, massive hype beforehand but when you get down to play it's all over far too quickly. :D

Tags: Add Tags