1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other PLEASE HELP!! im desperate

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by shadowkiller, 20 Apr 2011.

1. shadowkiller

shadowkiller What's a Dremel?

hey everyone,

ive registered here because i am in need of some help, Major help..

its basicaly about a blue screen issue i have had since day 1 of a system build. i have been on the ASUS forums (my motherboard) and no one seams to have been sucessfull in helping me. its totally random and i have tried everything i can think of.

i put it all together, no issues there, all tight etc, and i started to get blue screen, i then wiped the HD and reinstalled windows thinking it was a bad install (wanted a TOTALLY clean system) it is still blue screening randomly, ive updated all drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled each individual ones, changed my antivirus software, but it is still happening

sometimes i turn it on and it shows a message saying cpu not compatible with core unlocker before it loads windows, but then other times it works fine, i have an aftermarket cpu cooler and it is all fitted correctly, the temp never really goes above 31'C and mother board temp is fine too.

i did have a fan error to start with where it shut it down (no blue screen) but i disabled Q-Fan in bios and it cleared that issue

ive used the Jumper Switches to clear CMOS and ran it at TOTALY basic, nothing running that doesnt need to be run. issue still there

i ran memtest86 and after a number of passes, about 12ish it had found 6 faults, so i then removed all 4 sticks of ram (corsair DDR3 1600MHz 2GB) and tested them one at a time in slot 1, none of them came up with any faults, so i thought maybe it was the motherboard at fault, so i tried one of the seamingly good sticks in each slot, the second slot came up with a fault, and the 3rd and 4th didnt, so, i then thought i would just make sure that it is that slot by testing another "good" stick in it. now the fault isnt there..

ive also tried setting my ram to run at 1067MHz and 1333MHz Frequency's... no luck..

PLEASE HELP GUYS.....

i have uploaded my minidump files onto skydrive
    http://cid-0b4b70962416af67.office.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public

my specs are

AMD Phenom II X6 1075T CPU 3.00GHz
    8GB corsair 1600MHz (4x 2GHz)
    M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 motherboard
    ATI Radeon HD4850 G/card
    850w PSU

Are they all compatible?

Thanks so much for any replys as this is SUCH a bid dissapointment and any result would mean the world to me...

2. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Check the mobo and bios settings- do you have the dip switch set to unlock disabled cores?

I have the M4A88TD-M EVO and when I tried unlocking the extra 2 cores on my AMD PHENOM II X2 555 BE it would BSOD at random, regardless of any other changes I made; only got rid of the issue by going back to 2 cores ( despite everyone else seemingly having luck unlocking the cpu to use all 4 cores ).

My guess would be either 6 cores aren't supported on your mobo, or you need to update the bios in the hope that a later version has better support for your cpu; if you can borrow a compatible 2 or 4 core cpu, see how that compares in terms of BSOD occurrences...

3. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

This is nothing to worry about, it just means that your CPU can't be unlocked by the ASUS Core Unlocker feature of the board. To get rid of this message enter the BIOS, go to the advanced section and disable the Asus Core Unlocker. As SuicideNeil stated there's also a switch on the board itself to toggle this feature on and off.

You can find info with screenshots here: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/07/06/asus_m4a89gtd_prousb3_motherboard_review/6

Yes they are :)

With regard to the blue screen error, I've looked at the most recent set of dump files you provided and the following files were shown as the causes:

ntoskrnl.exe
    Ntfs.sys
    dxgmms1.sys

Here's the data from the dump files along with additional notes taken from WhoCrashed:

On Wed 20/04/2011 16:01:01 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042011-17721-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x70740)
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002FAEACA, 0xFFFFF880073CF770, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 19/04/2011 20:52:01 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042011-17316-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (Ntfs+0x213D8)
    Bugcheck code: 0x24 (0x1904FB, 0xFFFFF8800315A8D8, 0xFFFFF8800315A140, 0xFFFFF880012D36A7)
    Error: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
    description: NT File System Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates a problem occurred in the NTFS file system.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 17/04/2011 20:39:10 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041711-28142-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF88006C68DF0, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80002CE92A9, 0x1)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 12/04/2011 19:28:50 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041211-15927-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms1.sys (dxgmms1+0x1983)
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF88005111983, 0xFFFFF880095B5D10, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys
    description: DirectX Graphics MMS
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 11/04/2011 18:52:39 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041211-16645-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x3, 0xFFFFF900C1D97250, 0xFFFFF900C1D97250, 0xFFFF7900C1D97250)
    Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
    Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.​

I'd usually suggest that you attempt to repair the installation or reinstall, but you've done that already. You said you've tried different drivers, have you tried running in safe mode to see if the problem still occurs?

If this isn't a driver issue then I'm not sure what it might be. I have no experience of BSODs returning after a format as you describe unless there's a hardware fault, but the dump files point to software. Hopefully someone else can help shed some light on this; I'm sure someone here will have dealt with similar issues before.

Anyway, I'll do all I can to help, as will others here, and I'm sure together we'll identify the problem and get it sorted.

4. shadowkiller

thanks for the posts guys, ive also registered on the corsair forum and someone who works with corsair ram said to adjust the voltages, did so to what he said and still blue screen..

this afternoon, i will take off what information i have on there that needs saving, clear CMOS and turn off all switches on Motherboard, then format the HD and reinstall windows. run it totaly standard for a while, waiting for a B/S and then go from there.. if you think of anytthing i can do i would be so gratefull..

also, i heard upgrading BIOS is risky. is it worth it at this stage and if so, how would i go about it?

Regards

Gavin
    UPDATED-----

cleared CMOS, disabled core unlocker and turbo V switches. wiped computer and went to reinstall windows, had 2 blue screens since and both through windows install. on my 3'rd go now. something must not be working or not compatible surley as i havent even got windows running yet, let alone all my drivers etc. what about this bios upgrade then?

Last edited: 22 Apr 2011
  5. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Hi Gavin,

Your RAM should be fine set to its specified frequency of 1600MHz, and assuming that nothing is overclocked the voltage should be set to as close to its specified voltage as possible in the BIOS.

With regard to the BIOS, updating can be risky because if flashing it fails you can brick the motherboard, leaving it with a corrupt BIOS. However, modern boards generally have various methods for performing updates along with protections in place to prevent bricking boards as a result of failed updates so it's not really very risky.

If you have your board manual refer to section 3.2 for details of the various update and recovery methods available to you.

I wouldn't expect the BIOS to cause the problems you're experiencing, but updating it won't hurt. just bear in mind that updating from within windows isn't a good idea if Windows is randomly crashing and shutting down: if you decide to update the BIOS do it with EZ Flash.

If you need a copy of the manual you can find it here: http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=M4A89GTD+PRO%2fUSB3&p=1&s=24

(you'll also find the latest version of the BIOS there)

Have you tried running in safe mode to see if you still get the BSOD? If you are going to reinstall again let windows handle all the driver installation this time and see how that works out.

Paul

6. murraynt

murraynt Modder

EZ Flash is a dream I have updated my p8p67 3 time with it now since january.
    It's just so easy.

It's worth posting here
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/forumdisplay.php?f=116

Bindi works or ASUS and was a mod here up until about three weeks ago, so we get treated well.

Where did you buy the board?
    It may well need an RMA.
    It really seems to be the common problem here.

I have never seen a problem that couldn't be fixed by somebody on Bit-Tech, Have faith.

7. gar

gar Minimodder

With it crashing even before you load the OS, I would take an educated guess and say it was your mohterboard. I had a problem a little like that with my asus mobo, so I went and used a different type and no problems. Funny how people like us always recommend asus, I'd still buy one and I'm not even sure why!
    Maybe flash the bios and see if that helps.

8. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Well if you're getting blue screens before you even get the OS on it's pretty safe to say it's a hardware fault and not a problem with the installation or drivers. Do you remember what the errors were that the installer kicked up?

I'd be tempted to try a different HDD and see if you still have problems, but I suspect (bear in mind this is just speculation) that it could well be a fault with the motherboard.

9. shadowkiller

i did hear that bit tech was the place to be helped from. (fingers crossed)

silly question maybe, but if i update bios, should i just go to the latest or do i need to update in stages of relase dates?

every time i try to re instal windows, even after ive deleted the partitions on the drive, it starts and about 20% - 90% in it says :

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:
    STOP : 0x0000007B (0xF9E51640, 0xc000000E, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

could it be that i need to some how clean the hard drive in order to re instal it, if so how would i do this? and im so sorry for sounding daft, but how would i flash the bios, as my manual is guiding me from windows, do i need to download it on to mem stik on this comp and boot from that?

and THANKS FOR YOUR HELP SO FAR, IT REALLY REALLY IS APPRICIATED...

-----UPDATE-------

ok, bios updated to version2001 (latest i think)

was very easy.. almost too easy

used the windows cd to repair, (i had formated the drive a number of times so cant believe it was still there) anyway, restarted and re installed windows.. no bluescreen on instal...

now ive installed all drivers etc and running system totally standard, no gpu boost, cpu unlocker etc.. been 6hours.. wont temp fate though as ive had quiet spells before and thought i had sorted it..
    ill keep u updated.

THANKS FOR HELP SO FAR - no doubt i will need more on this issue

Last edited: 23 Apr 2011
  10. shadowkiller

not sorted it... :(

i will update my skydrive with the latest minidump file..

so, ive got the latest BIOS, new instal of windows with, as far as im aware, all the latest drivers.. should i install drivermax to check? (or better program?)

11. shadowkiller

ok i have downloaded Bluescreen viewer and it says it was caused by the driver NTOSKRNL.exe
    ive then typed it into the search bar in my start menu and it puts up an error box saying

the c:\Windows\System32\ntoskrnl.exe application cannot be run in Win32 mode

tried googling it and found this thread. the last post he talks about it being a windows update issue? could this be possible?

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Sorry I didn't notice this earlier.

RMA the board. Do it now. You've done absolutely everything else and it sounds like there's some intermittent fault with the chipset and/or PCB. The board does support your 6-core CPU and should be fine with that memory, even 4 sticks. Clearly it keeps corrupting Windows with its BSODs.

One thing that hasn't been asked is: what 850W PSU?

13. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Sorry for the delay responding, I've not been around much the last couple of days...

I agree, as I said before chances are it is a fault with the motherboard and you really have tried pretty much everything now.

14. tripwired

tripwired Deploying Surprise in 3... 2...1...

One other thing I'd suggest if you've not done so already would be to try and install Windows again, but first plug your hard drive into a different SATA port and use a different SATA cable.

15. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Bindi is right. Your mobo is borked. RMA it now.

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That wouldn't present 0x00000-esq BSODs though, which are memory based.

17. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Does the ram require a certain voltage? Check the label on one of the sticks or check the specs and find the rated voltage they are supposed to run at, then set it to either that or one setting above in the bios.