1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards P6X58D-E (ASUS bios updater problem)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 3Dbuild, 20 Feb 2011.

1. 3Dbuild

3Dbuild Minimodder

Hi,

Please can you help me?

I have the Asus P6X58D-E motherboard and have been trying to update the bios using the ASUS update software for some time. But it always shows : "sorry, there's no proper BIOS image files on the server" and thus I cannot update my BIOS. It seems that the updater (V7.18.03) i have is newer than the one on the Asus website.

My current Bios version is as follows:

Model: ASUS P6X58D-E
    Version: 0303
    Chipset: TYLERSBURG
    Date: 05/25/2010-14:39:27
    Bios type: AMI
    Bios size: 2048k

On the Asus website there are three versions: 0303, 0405 and 0502.

Q1. How do I get the updater software to work or should I just download version 0502 and then update it from file?

Q2. Do I have to update each version at a time, or does 0502 have all the updates?

Q2. is updating the BOIS worth it for me (I haven't had any PC problems as yet)?

Thank you

2. chris66

chris66 Minimodder

If you have no problems, do not update as there is no reason to.

if you do want to update, I am sure the Asus software gives you the coice to download the Bios to file. You can then 'update from file' rather than 'update from server'

I think.....

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Download 0502 from the main website, stick it on a FAT32 formatted USB stick. Leave it plugged it in then reboot the system, go into the BIOS and under the Tools section find "EZFlash" - go there and select the file from your USB drive. Job done :)

4. 3Dbuild

3Dbuild Minimodder

Ok, sounds good - thank you