1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Who Fault is it?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 51lver, 11 May 2010.

1. 51lver

51lver Forever Hungry

I am not goin to name the company that Iam dealing with it yet.

But here the situation.

I haved RMA HIS 4670 AGP graphic card, 2months ago. That fan is making alot of noise than it should. I was told it would take couple weeks max.

Well I havn't still got it. Over past few months I been chasing them about it, and it been costing me money since 0871 no. They promise me that they will contact me, which they havnt.

Excuses after excuses, is starting to wear thin.

Well I called them up monday morning, and they promise they will call back, and again they havnt. called them this evening. They said they have delivery tomorrow. With AGP 4670 graphics which they will give to me at cost, since it differenet brand and bit more expensive than my HIS 4670.

And told me I there not much they can do, about the extra cost.

So what now, and what steps I can take and who to blame.

hope this the right subsection I put in.

2. masterjonny

masterjonny What's a Dremel?

Ring them on said 0871 and don't be fobbed off, keep asking to be put up the chain of command if you must, don't give in.

If they say they'll contact you, ask for the name of the advisor who made the assurance and note it along with the time.

Still struggling go to the retail counter, and explain your not leaving the shop until you have either your money in your hand or a replacement, and then never use them again.

The real trump card though is say you have documented all time's and dates of corrospondece between you, as well as what transpired on each occasion, and if the matters not resolved in 7 days you'll be filing a complaint with http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/infoabout/claims/index.htm. Any e-tailter that values its reputation won't want that at all, and will finally roll over and give you what you want.

Retailers always give an 'upper bound' of how long an RMA will take. From experience I know Scan is 10 days, and Aria is 28. Have they passed that timeframe yet?

3. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Put the number or company name here http://saynoto0870.com/search.php and it'll bring up any alternative numbers that arent premium rate.

In all honesty though id just ring trading standards explain whats happened and been going on, and it'll get sorted within days. Companies hate when you get TS involved but sometimes its the only option, Especially since the company doesnt really want to talk to you.

4. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

finding anywhere with stock of 4670 AGP cards is a hard enough job, so expect a little wait considering its such a rare item now.

So on that case the said company could have conducted itself a little better than it has, but this service sounds worse than overclockers.

Is it a high street private business with some pikey who thinks he know a few things about computers.

5. saspro

saspro IT monkey

With the 0871 number it sounds exactly like overclockers

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Threaten to take this case to a trading standards officer. This will make them double time it!

7. ripmax

ripmax Minimodder

Just keep trying untill you get your money back or a new card. Tell them it's against the law to refuse, then never use them again.

8. 51lver

51lver Forever Hungry

Thanks for the tips guys.

Yes I know AGP graphic card are hard to get hold of. But at the end of the day IceQ heatsink fan just need to be replace.

And they never called me today!!! Muppets

9. 51lver

51lver Forever Hungry

Just quick update manage to get it all sort now with brand new card thanks guys for the advice.

10. varkanoid

varkanoid Professional Dribbler

are you going to name and shame ??

11. saspro

saspro IT monkey

We all know who it's going to be