1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Bit-Coining Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheGreatSatan, 26 Jan 2014.

1. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Member for 17 years!

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

3. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I'm firmly of the opinion that if you could make a card that could generate that much bit coin cash why would you sell them? Why not just make loads of bit coins instead?

4. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Because even at 300GH/s, you'll only mine 0.0688 BTC (by today's difficulty) which equates to roughly $50 USD. It'll take a month of mining to pay it back without factoring in electricity costs, which isn't too bad in all honesty. However, it's a big initial outlay and only viable if you intend to buy many of them and keep them for a good while yet.

5. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

No, the card isn't $1500... it's a non-refundable preorder for something that may never actually exist. These have been on preorder for what a year or more now and they haven't gotten anywhere? I think if these or other similarly 'rated' ASIC ever do exist, the difficulty rating will skyrocket along with their deployment thus negating the current estimated benefit.

6. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

the asics are all designed so that by the time you actually get the product, you will be mining a miniscule amount per day so you will never recoup your initial investment. Only viable way of mining these days is altcoins with your electricity paid for...

7. rollo

rollo Modder

ASIC boxes and these cards will exist but only to the people mining on them.

Bitcoins difficulty is already rocketing up anyway.

Bitcoin price effects the entire coin market so if it went the rest would be worthless. It was at one point over $1000 per coin its since dropped back to $800-$820 one hit from China knocked its price hard.

If other countries follow USA in peticular that card could be worth 0 by the time you get it.

Mining bitcoin at home ended about a year ago. These days it's just efficient unless your not paying electric.