1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Driver

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by StreetSam, 26 Feb 2014.

1. StreetSam

StreetSam Minimodder

Hi All,

I need some help.

I have a MSI Z77A-G45 with G2020 and 4Gb of Corsair 1333MHz RAM. Installed in it are two HD7970s.

I installed Win7 and let it update to the very latest version, including .NET 4.5 and the latest Microsoft Visual C++. (At this point I made a backup :) )

I then installed the latest 14.1 (I now see a 14.2) AMD drivers. Installed the latest Folding client (I also tried 7.3.6). Started Folding, and bang BSOD with a atikmpag.sys error.

This happened earlier with a single card as well.

My only thought is that because I'm using the CPU Gfx as the display chip something odd is happening, I've returned to using the top HD7970 and I'm trying it now.

However does anyone else have any ideas just in case?

2. Scorpuk

Scorpuk Minimodder

I'd try the latest 13.x driver.

I uninstalled 14.1 as it had problems with minecraft. :rolleyes:

3. StreetSam

StreetSam Minimodder

Sorry forgot to say that I already tried that :grr:

Anyway, swapping away from the CPU Gfx in the bios and using 14.2 seems to have worked, both cards have completed one WU each and are well into the second.

However having restarted it to move it from the workbench (kitchen worktop) to the computer room (spare bedroom) it now won't run without the BSOD unless I make the Folding client run manually.

Last edited: 27 Feb 2014