1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Computer Monitoring tool

Discussion in 'Software' started by Spraduke, 3 Mar 2016.

1. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Hi,

We have a bunch of workstations at work in our server room which are only accessed via RDP. However some of them have been a bit unstable recently and it can be a while before a human notices that the desktop is off/crashed and therefore the simulations running on them have also stopped.

Are there any handy tools which will give a simple status of on/off/responding for a specified list of computers. Ideally it would be able to email if it detects any unresponsive computers so we can reboot them.

Any tips?

2. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I used Pulseway to monitor my computers, if a computer crashed it usually says it's offline so I know to restart it

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

PRTG. Use it every day to monitor lots of things :)

4. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

take a look at zabbix its pretty awesome

5. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Zabbix might be slight overkill for your needs, but it can monitor All The Things!
    We use it at work for monitoring several hundred devices, ranging from servers down to modems and switches (via SNMP).
    You can set up triggers on pretty much anything you can monitor, and you can monitor all sorts of useful things. If your applications have a command that can be run to check their status then you can even set up a custom item and monitor that.