1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple iTunes 11.0.0.163 - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Unicorn, 8 Dec 2012.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Anyone else an avid iTunes fan here? I must say I like the new look and feel of the latest iTunes 11 version. It feels modern and so far (15 minutes in) is running nicely on my Windows 7 desktop, possibly even better than the previous version!

2. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

I use I tunes, although I am not what you would call an avid fan. Will be installing the update sometime soon.

3. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

Its clean but I still a bit reserved but that's prob just the change :D

the I cloud back up is nice if you have lot's of music and £21.99 a year for back up u can access and play anywhere I don't thin is to bad.

4. suragh

suragh Derp

I miss the black background option.

5. October

October Mariachi Style

I was going to say I don't like the new artist view but it might already be growing on me... Just need to tidy everything up with artwork etc.

Edit: I'm actually quite impressed...I like the way the tracks wrap round to keep everything to just the height of the album art...classy!

6. Unicorn

I have always used list view (songs) with the songs arranged by artist, album artwork at the top and the source bar at the side. I suppose it's just a personal preference; whatever you're used to and can navigate easily with. At the moment, the nicest thing I've found about it is the new design and function of the top "now playing" bar - much more functinoal than the previous version! I think they've made some improvements to AirPlay in this version as well, although I haven't used it for ages so that might have been the case for a while, before this latest version update.

7. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

I really like it. Nice improvements.

8. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Only relevant negative change for me, is the duplicate finder is gone. It wasn't always the best at detecting duplicate but it was something. All the other thing they removed like coverflow I won't miss that is certain. I like that the sidebar is gone and having the options at the top instead in one line is defineatly better in my view. Video playback seem a bit better to me also though I very rarely used it for that in the past.

9. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

Hate it... The GUI messes with my brain..

10. koola

koola Minimodder

Love the new version, very clean :)

11. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Love it, the old one used to run so slow compared to this one.

Edit: they better bring the duplicator finder back, thats saved me so many hours in the past :(

12. SpAceman

SpAceman What's a Dremel?

Absolutely hate it. Previously I had the column browser on the left hand side like this:

[​IMG]

From iTunes 11 it seems you can only have the column browser on the top like this (using iTunes 10.7 for demonstration as I reinstalled):

[​IMG]

Music is somethig where I like to have a large amount of usable info available all at once. If anyone figures out how to get it the way I like I would be very happy.

Last edited: 9 Dec 2012
  13. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

It's flawed like every other media player out there... at least it doesn't appear to be [quite] the crash-happy pile of junk previous versions were...

... and I still don't like it.

EDIT: scratch the not crash-happy... i appear to have broken it...

Last edited: 10 Dec 2012
  14. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Ctrl+s

15. SpAceman

SpAceman What's a Dremel?

All that does is turn the sidebar on and off which you can do in the view menu. I want the column browser that is along the top to be able to be moved to the left side, next to the sidebar, like it was in previous versions.

16. Unicorn

I forgot to mention how much I love the new "Update, Remove, Install" feature in the App tab for mobile devices, as well as the added and improved backup features (to iCloud, to this computer etc). Mobile device support in general seems to have vastly improved, in fact. Despite my "overcomplicated Apple" rant before Christmas, I'm feeling much more confident about my iPhone and iTunes for Windows with this latest version and iOS 6.0.1, despite the many bugs with the latter (which I'm sure Apple devs are working on as I type this).

17. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

The most annoying bug I am encountering right now is that it no longer updates play counts at all, thus making many of my smart playlist useless...

18. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Brought back displaying duplicates in the new update if anyone cares.

19. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Installed and quite like it. Even better was able to download songs I had bought but lost during moves from one drive to another.

Plenty of albums I can now listen too. Which I lost.