1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Speaker fault finding

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by adzc1987, 18 Oct 2012.

1. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

First of all this is not in hardware because its more a fault finding method i was asking about not the issue itself.

I have these speakers (Corsair SP220) , but recently i have noticed a crackling coming from the speakers (if music is playing the crackling is inaudable but i think its still there.).

So i have tried to ensure its the physical speakers at fauly here-
    Checked all connections are secure
    Wiggle all of them slightly to see if it creates the crackle, it does not.
    When the crackle happens i check my headset (plugged into another port), no crackle there.
    Muting Windows sound when the crackle happens has no effect.
    Plugging a device into the Aux on the speaker has no effect (sound from device all normal)
    Plugging the speakers into another port on comp
    Pluggin the speakers into another audio device (stereo)

So im fairly confident this is a loose connection of something within the speakers.....Am i missing anything?

It seems to crackle completly of its own accord, in the past i have found this to happen with older speakers . Im certain the computer is not generating this noise.

I am RMA the product anyway (bought less than 12months ago)

2. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

I had some speakers, just some bookshelves, so it was externally powered. But there was a loose wire on the connection terminal to the speaker cone, so there would be static, as the power going through was not consistent. I'd say if all connections are checked and cross-checked with something else, it's the speakers and something in the cabinet.

3. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

Yup, im 99% confident its within a speaker/sub and some form of loose connection. They dont stock it anymore and i like them. I hope it gets fixed.