1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Raspberry Pi gets an app store service

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 17 Dec 2012.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Blackshark

Blackshark What's a Dremel?

It shows how the Raspberry Pi foundation is differenciating the RPi from other offerings. Nice one. Works well and I am sure given the community it will be filling up soon.

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

looks like the rasperry has taken off nicely, i'll prob jump on the bandwagon soon.

4. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Website is way too slow!

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It wasn't, until the Foundation posted the news on their website - now it's enjoying the traffic equivalent of a DDoS attack as every Pi owner in world tries it out. Give it a few days, it'll be reet.

6. rocknroll237

rocknroll237 What's a Dremel?

I too may jump on the bandwagon, but I will probably wait for a more powerful version to be released first.

7. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Possible true, but this again is yet another reason why the Raspberry Pi and anything associated with it has been underestimated, anyone with ANY business sense would have seen these problems way before this.

At least one thing, this Raspberry Pi release has made me look at other superior products on the market, even if they cost more.

8. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Theres hardly any point for a charity organisation to be able to handle that many requests when in a couple of days time it will be fine. It would just be a waste of money.