1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Completed: Watercooled Custom TJ07

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ph4sma, 13 Sep 2011.

1. ph4sma

ph4sma What's a Dremel?

Hi guys.

This is my first post with a few pictures of my first water-cooled build. I wanted a clean, yet powerful, look and I hope I've achieved this.

The project doesn't currently have a name, but any inspiration for this would be gratefully received. My username means ghost/wraith in latin, so something along those lines would be fitting, I feel.

The case is a modified Silverstone TJ07 with fanless backplate, custom PSU plate, custom midplate and a black powdercoat throughout.

I sprayed the fans white as I hated the drab grey colour they were before. This involved removing the blades and CB from the fans and then reassembling once sprayed.

I sleeved all the front panel wires, fan extension wires, fan wires and cathode wires and bought sleeved extensions for all the psu connections. This means that all visible wires are sleeved black which, in my opinion, makes for a clean, sophisticated look.

I have two 12" UV and two 12" white cathodes installed in the case which are attached to two toggle switches that have been drilled through one of the 5 1/4" bay covers. I wired them using a soldering iron.

All tubing is 1/2"ID, 3/4"OD blue UV and the coolant is Thermochill EC6. All connection, bar those on the pump as it has in built barbs, are black chrome compression fittings.

A big thanks goes to Tom at Chilled PC (www.chilledpc.co.uk) for the top quality powdercoat and custom case and also for sourcing all the watercooling supplies. I would highly recommend them if you live in the UK.

I'm off to university in Bristol this October and would very much like to get involved with some part time work in PC hardware. If you have any work available or would be interested in me building you a PC please do not hesitate to contact me at thomas.wigg@live.co.uk. Also, if you have any questions about the build or need any advice please feel free to contact me at the same address.

Specifications:
    ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
    Intel Core i7-2600k @ 4.5GHz with Swiftech Apogee XT Rev.2 WC Block
    Corsair Dominator 1600MHz RAM CAS 7-8-7-20
    EVGA GTX580 SC with EK WC Block
    Phobya Balancer 250 Reservoir
    Corsair HX850W PSU
    Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD
    Samsung SP 1TB HDD
    6 x Scythe Gentle Typhoon (Sprayed White)
    XSPC RX480 Radiator
    Lamptron FC2 V2 Fan Controller
    Laing D5 Vario Pump