1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News MSI teases mini-ITX gaming gear

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 22 Nov 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

This is a cool idea, I hope more manufacturers get on board with this. Miniaturising rigs has to be next way forward surely..?

3. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Glad to see more single 8pins PCIe power connectors instead of 2x 6pins. The cooler on that GPU look similar to the one used on Asus DirectCU mini (GTX670 / 760). Wouldn't be surprised if it was in fact the same :D. Only the fan blades profile seams different.

4. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

To me this is excellent news.

Like Tyrmot said, I really hope this inspires and motivates other manufacturers to follow suit. I regret going mATX with my upgrade and with cases like the Bit-Fenix Phenom coming out, I really wish I had waited. Still, by the time I'm ready to upgrade again we'll have an array of decent mITX components... hopefully.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I was gonna say, haven't I seen that design someone before? :idea: I suppose if you can't innovate, imitate.

6. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

I guess there's not so many possible solutions (except going watercooling). But Asus was first :D.

7. Jack_Pepsi

Turns out it's a GTX 760 that lil card.

:D

[​IMG]

8. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

That card does look quite a lot like the Asus card :p

Not that I mind, more companies looking to do that kind of thing sounds good to me.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

10. Jack_Pepsi

11. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

And the CPU socket again makes it unusable for any air cooler bigger than stock cooler, with the rare exceptions like HR-02 mounted wrong way, or small coolers like NH-U9B.

What is so hard to understand in the fact, that if your CPU socket is next to the PCI-E slot, you will block the PCI-E slot with big coolers in bigger ITX cases like Bitfenix cases, or if you want to use coolers like NH-L12. :wallbash: So it is still only ASUS or EVGA for me (at least i don't feel the need to upgrade from my Sandy/Ivy Bridge ITX systems so far).

12. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

Would hate needing to upgrade or replace the GPU at some point and having very little options.

13. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Phenom comes in micro-ATX too ;)

14. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

The thing I love about the Prodigy is the board position which isn't the same with the Prodigy M or the Phenom. To me they both look a mess inside with that orientation.

15. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Yes but the question is!! will that board work or will it just light up and look fancy?

msi /faceplant

16. Xir

Xir Modder

You're right...

There wouldn't be a miniITX version of the Gryphon on the way, would there? :D

(Also, is Bit ever going to test a Gryphon?)

17. Jack_Pepsi

Yeah, I thought about replacing my Arc Mini with the Phenom but I really want to change my set up to mITX, just it's all frivolous spending I can't afford.