1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The thread is flickering

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by tranc3, 1 Dec 2008.

1. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

This has happened a few times on a few different threads, while the page is loading my fire fox window will flicker not the fire fox program, not my screen but the thread inside the program will flicker rapidly not sure if my connection (dial up) is causing it but ether way thought it should be know its not a big problem i just keep thinking im having a hard ware failure. and this hasn't happened during any other program, web page or any thing.

2. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

Sounds like malware to me. I'd run a scan with your antivirus program (AVG Free is an excellent choice if yours is outdated or you don't have one), and a scan with Ad-Aware or Spybot-S&D.

3. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Doesn't seem to be malware, I experienced the same on the computers in school, and also at my girlfriends. I was also using IE in school, i think its when the images are resizing it flickers.

4. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I'm running Vista 32 bit with FireFox and I've seen it a lot too. I usually only go to modding, project logs, and general and it happens occasionally on all 3. Usually happens on threads with a lot of pictures like "post your desktop"
    john

5. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

does it flicker indefinitely or just while it's loading? if the page loads partway scrolled down it might look like it's flickering as the images load and move the page down to accommodate them.

6. jhanlon303

That's what I see. I vertical, up and down sliding around. Especially noticeable if you click on "view first unread" .
    Stabilizes after resizing pics. Bothersome but bearable.
    john

7. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Yea that's whats doing it, i cleared my cache then reloaded a page that did and it starts doing again I'd under stand the page "snapping" to forum to the images but the page is flicker from dark blue (back ground) to white of the foreground/table.

8. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Try turning off the highlight thread with new posts, in the user CP.

9. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Try changing the image resize settings in your user cp.

10. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Yep that dose the trick. oddest thing tho. I'll still keep resizing on it makes it much neater when reading project logs. (turning off the resizing)

11. jhanlon303

I think it might be a function of screen size. I get the flicker on my 19" monitor but not on the 32"
    Weird. But as I've said it's livable.

john