1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm freaking out

Discussion in 'General' started by chrisb2e9, 29 Jun 2008.

1. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Ok, so today I finished helping my (ex) girlfriend move out. and when I drove away from where she is going to be living now the first thing that I thought was: FINALLY!
    but now its been a few hours and the last 5 years are catching up all at the same time in my head. Even worse is I keep thinking of our (her) dog who I wont ever see again and I keep acting like she is here. If I open a door I make sure that she doesn't run out, if the phone rings I keep expecting her to come running.
    I haven't had to break up with someone in 5 years and I dont remember what to do. I'm going to go get drunk. anyone have any advice?
    aside from pulling my head out of my ***?

2. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Try not to drink too much. Don't think that your life is now worth piss1ng away just cos you've "lost" her.

Look out for rebound effects, try not to fall for the next chick you meet, etc...

Make a to do list, and get stuck into it, one by one. Things like maybe your pc needs something fixed or upgraded? Maybe something needs doing on your car? In your room? Things to be done elsewhere at home? etc...

This should help you to feel good about yourself, in things that you will see everyday, so they will all be reminders of how your life is now better without her.

3. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

The way I see it, if it didn't work out, it was for a reason.
    So the less time you spend in a bad relationship, the more time you have to find 'the one'. ;)

As for the dog thing, you'd have had to deal with the loss of the dog sooner or later (unless you got hit by a bus).
    So you can just treat it like the dog died and either get another dog. or not. whatever you like.

So, life's too short to let this kinda crap get you down.
    Get drunk, hit the strip club with some friends then carry on. :)
    You never know what's round the corner (though watch out for those busses ;))

4. DeanW

DeanW What's a Dremel?

I never thought it was as easy as going out and getting drunk and moving on
    I've always found doing that makes it harder strangely...

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

alcohol makes you more depressed.

6. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Its true, drinking may not be the best thing to do. :D

Its just the Scottish mentality in me...

7. chrisb2e9

Good advice,
    I dont think that my life is worthless now, i'm glad that she's gone. I just dont know what I am supposed to do. I've always had someone else there and now that I am alone, the world feels really really big and I am really really small.

yeah its over for a reason. and god knows I tried to keep it together.
    losing the dog is like losing a part of my body or mind. its going to take time before I get over that.
    mmm, strip club.
    ok, funny story (kind of)
    I stopped in traffic the other day, and heard some giggling beside my car. These two HOT girls walked up to my window. wearing, not a bikini, but whats left of the fabric after making a bikini. jiggled their chests at me and yelled "bikini car wash at (whatever the name of the stip club is)!!!
    That made my day.

alcohol solves nothing. its a short term cure that makes it harder in the long run.

see above.

apparently i'm part irish, does that count?

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to play some forged alliance. for some reason i'm better when I've been drinking.

edit: there is a wolf or something outside my apartment. any advice on how to deal with that? I tried turning up my music but that just made it houl louder. I cant see it either, damm tall grass in the field next door.

8. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Throw out some raw meat and shine a light/webcam on it and see if it records movement?
    Do it often enough and you might get a replacement canine companion? :)

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

9. chrisb2e9

i'm 27. but since I answered that you have to tell me how old you are.
    Well, its looks like i'm going to the strip club. its next to the dance club and in the opposite direction of the damm wolf/thing that keeps houling.

and apparently I am unbeatable when I play multi games when I drink. or it could just be my perception of myself.
    I will say one thing, it takes a lot longer to type a post without having 100 spelling errors when I am drunk compared to when I am sober.

I would gladly put a webcam on some raw meet but she took the web cam.

I would love to get a replacement dog. although I find that cheep and I dont think that I could ever find a replacement for Canberra. (bonus points for who can tell me where that name comes from.)

10. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Relationship breakups are hard for a variety of reasons. It's an opportunity to get yourself sorted out and have some fun with things you may not have been able to for a while. When the absence of that someone gets to you a bit, don't turn to drink. Go have fun with some friends, exercise or other activity to be doing something rather than dwelling on it. You never know what great thing might be right around the corner for you!

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Canberra ?

by the way, don't drown it with alcohol!!!! it starts with one and then you cant stop!!

Go to her house and say goodbye to the dog, then get a new dog for you, go to the pound and adopt one.

shame people separate like that.....:grr:

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

It's grieving man, that's all.

Even bad relationships had their good bits, and those will be experienced as a loss. Moreover, the more complicated the relationship, the more complicated the bereavement.

Don't think of it as a "failed" relationship. No relationship "fails". Sometimes both people change in different ways and things just don't work anymore, and the sensible thing to do is to move on. Every relationship, no matter how brief, contributes to your development as a person, to your future relationships, and is a gift of life experience. Treasure the good times, and learn from the bad times.

Get drunk, sober up, grieve, and only when you're done grieving adopt a homeless dog (because you must actually want a dog, not just that dog which represents the relationship --we can have rebound pets too), and delight in the possibilities of meeting a new girl, a new love, a new relationship and new life experiences.

13. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

:thumb:

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

^^^ Win. :hehe:

15. gar

gar Minimodder

Hey, you don't want to be running to the bottle when somtething bad happens, just incase it turns into a solution. My solution to pain for a while was food, but in the end it was the over indulging that led to problems I'm only getting rid of now.
    Sure, go and do something a bit mad, but not something that you'll regret, or make you feel worse. Talk to close friends and get it all off your chest. It can be enjoyable being single for a while you know! :p Also try to be as positive as you can without being bitter. This will help you heal faster and you won't suffer in the long run.

By the way, this is advice I would use for myself if I was to go through that again. Hopefully it can be of some use:) Things will get better.

16. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

don't start drinking because the next thing you know you'll be ringing her mobile asking to talk to her dog and then the police will end up be called as she claims that your stalking the k9

17. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

LMAO @ sunscreen!!!
    Win ++ :D

One of the things Nexxo said I really agree with is the bit about every new relationship being better than the last.
    I've seen it in my many relationships over the years.
    1 Split with a bird.
    2 Cry my eyes out thinking she was 'the one'.
    3 Start to feel a bit better after a while.
    4 Either go out looking to pull or a bird lands in my lap.
    5 Realise that the last relationship wasn't as good as I thought.
    6 Meet another 'keeper'.
    7 Start getting into a relationship and realise the last one wasn't as good as I thought after all.
    8 Go to 1

btw, I'm gonna be 30 in November. :)

18. chrisb2e9

well, I killed the entire bottle last night. walked to the only bar/club thats within walking distance and found it was boarded up. Oh well, thought about the strip club but decided to just come home. Had a big glass of water and went to bed.
    I feel better now, except for having a head the size of the sun and joint pain which I can only assume comes with the dehydration.
    alcohol is bad but it was worth it.
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I think she took our sunscreen though...

19. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I agree completly as I went through all those stages too before I met my wife :) Things are so much better now :) and looking back, it was the best thing to happen to me.

20. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

:eeek: then go out and get some, maybe you will find a friend and that will help you that that weight of your chest...... :thumb: