1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Lord of the Rings: Online free for a week

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Aug 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

I don't buy games really unless they have both single and multiplayer, however this and the warhammer mmo is going to be added to my shelf, just not be obsessed with it like WoW players.

3. Darv

Darv Bling!!

My friend bought it to try. I think he gave it 2 days play before he uninstalled it. It was absolutely crap. The controls were rubbsih, the UI was pretty but not amazingly functional. There was also a lack of other players. I've been playing WoW for the last 6 months and it's far superior IMO.

4. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Meh, they had to do something to get people interested in this p.o.s game, I guess.

5. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

<-- LOTRO addict

good game :) even better community :D

nuff said.

hey now, no need to call this game p.o.s. :( 2 free expansion in 2 months.... no cartoony-south-park-like design.... and no WoW fan in sight, whats not to love? lol

edit: the US version anyway, i dont kno anything about Codemaster's version of the game for our Euro counterparts....

6. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

OT: Your link generation is messed up, it randomly makes certain forum threads open in a new window. Please fix. :D

7. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss What's a Dremel?

maybe it was the server I was in, but there were very few guilds to join resulting in the game being very boring after awhile, there's only so many times you can kill orcs by yourself, and you don't have a chance in hell of killing the elites without help...

that said, the game world is very close to the book, though scaled down a bit and there's tooooooooooooonnnnnssss of room to grow.

8. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

my server, Nimrodel, has one of the fewer guilds being the "young" server, but now we have about 130 guilds, and at least 10 of them has 100+ members...

u cant imagine how much the game evolved in 4 months :)

oh, kiling elites, u can level up yknow :D i kill ~2-3 elites at the same time now. and my class (Champion) is the worst in survivability....

anyway. not turning this to a LOTRO game discussion thread. all i gotta say that its a great game. i wouldnt say great unless im playing it 40+hrs/week and i have a 9-5 job.. :duh:

oh, and if u'r a WoW fan. look elsewhere. u wont like this game, and we wont like u either. but i do luv how WoW kiddies jump the gun and start posting in our official forums suggesting how the game should change closer to WoW... only to be shred to pieces by the LOTR lore-addicts :blush:

bye:rock:

9. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

It was looking interesting, until i saw the word "turbine"

After they took over, and then shut down Asheron's Call 2
    I decided i would never play one of their games again, bit of a shame, but i don't want to play an MMO until they decide its not worth it and shut it down (ruining thousands of peoples games, and wasting their thousands of hours of investments)

Go to hell turbine

Tags: Add Tags