1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Corrupt display now PC won't boot

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by tennisball, 26 Feb 2015.

1. tennisball

tennisball [Insert witty comment here]

Hi all,

I was using my computer (probably about 5 year old build by now I think) when the display begcan to corrupt, with coloured rectangles checked on both my monitors for about 20 seconds before the display went black. I rebooted and now the fans turn spin up like normal and the DVD drive even opens and closes but there is so display and the keyboard does not light up.

I'm guessing this is a graphics card issue? I tried reseating the ram and trying one at a time to no prevail.

2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

The shapes are referred to are known as artifacts, they normally coincide with the death of a gpu.
    Or at least the first signs that not all is well

3. Qazax

Qazax Fap fap fap

Does it beep once when it turns on liek it should normally? Can you see the hard drive light flashing as if it is loading windows? Does your motherboard have an onboard graphics card you can use to see if it is still working?

As mentioned above it sounds very much like your graphics card died, if you have a spare or can borrow one from someone that would be the first thing to try.