1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit-tech Flickr group?

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by J-Pepper, 11 Jul 2006.

1. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

I've just joined Flickr as I haven't got the time to code my own wed space on my own server yet, it's not a bad place to be for free.

I seen a lot of people here have Flickr accounts and it just came to me to set up a Bit-tech Flickr group, we can have a random group where peopel can just post their photos or a more specific one where photos can only be posted for the particular theme of the month but you can post as many photos as you like, but only one two can be chosen for the actual compo on these forums.

How does that sound? I think it would be a great idea to get people to snap more (as long a they don't just post every single photo they have on it!)

2. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

I agree. Or even just a post-a-pic thread. Most people have photobucket or imageshack, could just bosh all the pictures in one thread. But I like Flickr, especially when you can upload straight from iPhoto. Wish you could do the same from Picasa...

3. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Sounds good. So long as main discussion remains here rather than there. But I imagine it would as the "forums" on Flickr are just damn right horrible.

Maybe make it the bit-tech photogs group? Just thinking as we could also set up a bit-tech project-logs group?

4. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

Yeah, someone set it up because i've just joined and not sure how to.. and then everyone here can sign up for a free account.

Then we have one place to browse all Bit-tech'ers photo skills!

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It would be easier than posting pics on here from our own webspaces which might get cleared etc, and also you can each comment on pictures underneath. You know "that's nice". Keeps the spam off the forums but still encourages.

6. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

I'll set this up this evening then. Will post a link to group for people to join once done. :)

7. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Group here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/35639067@N00/

Made it Publicly viewable but join by invite only. Therefore, I need people's Flickr-s so I can add you as contacts and invite you. Or just add me as a contact then message me either here or at Flickr and I'll invite you.

I did it this way so we can't get every Tom, Dick, and Harry joining.

I'll make it a nicer URL later as well when we're decided on the group name, if people don't like the current one.

I was also thinking we could make a "bit-tech potm" group for the monthly photo comp. Add your entry to the group and a Mod of this forum can create your entry thread in the POTM sub-forum. You can limit entries per month y'see so set it at 2. Means that archived entry's photos will always be there and no broken links if everyone posts their photos from flickr. Nice place to keep them all together, too, and be able to view all images entered ever by X user, etc.

Thoughts?

8. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

Might be a bit excessive to create yet more groups, would be easier to leave entrants to post their own threads (and less work for the mods).

9. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

How typical that someone managed to steal both firehed and firehed.mbp on yahoo. Anyways, messaged you there about adding me.

I'm used to photobucket, so it's all a bit funky to me :rolleyes:

10. ajack

ajack rox

So is this group just for shots relating to the current (past?) photo competitions? Or just whatever goes?

11. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

Hey Hwulux, I've msged Kna on the group. if he doesn't add me, you mind adding me?

12. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

See above for the same comment I was going to make :)

13. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

For future reference; it is by far the easiest for all the admins if you just try and join the group. That way you add a pending list and any of us can then auth you. This is far easier for all involved than just messaging individuals. :)

I've just logged in to check and add people but seems I was beaten to it anyway.

14. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

k, thanks.

I actually didn't message him, I clicked "join group" and went from there. It said it senta message to Kna.

15. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Groovy. :thumb:

16. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Just noticed. I have a few photos that ive sent to the group but they aren't displayed in the pool unless im logged in. Is this something I've done or do they have to be approved or something?

17. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Are they public images?

18. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

I see four photos; some sony thing, a candle, funny wire and a baby.

19. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I believe they are public as it says so in the file info. I have had people view my flikr directly and they can see them but if not logged in I cannot see mind in the bit group. Im not all that fussed in all fairness just wondering more than anything.

20. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Seems we have quite a few Flickrites on the board these days, so thought I'd remind people about the bit group. Anyone wanting to join that hasn't already, just request to join the group and any of the mods (RTT, Bindi, or myself) with authorise you. If you have the same Flickr and forum name it's easier to know who you are, else drop us a PM or post here and we'll sort you out. :)