1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Dead Space 3 on PC to be straight port, no additional features added

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Harlequin, 24 Jan 2013.

1. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

http://games.on.net/2013/01/dead-space-3-on-pc-to-be-straight-port-no-additional-features-added/

why am I not surpised

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Hateful ****.

3. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

What a crock of crap.

4. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

and?! Is this really news in the PC community? I mean when was the last time you didn't play a console port AAA title?

5. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

Battlefield 3

Diablo 3

FarCry 3

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

The fact this is even news shows how good we have it now, almost all multiplatform titles released nowadays come with some extra PC only bells and whistles!

Good times to be a PC gamer - Huzzah!

Planetside 2!

7. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Because neither is anyone else here ;)

Dead Space 2 had no extras for the PC, so it was pretty much a given that the latest incarnation wouldn't have either.

The Dead space series is walking a fine line anyhow. Not their fault really.

One of the major complaints from Dead Space 2, was that whilst it was still a good game, it was essentially more of the same.

They make changes based on what they (EA management, lets face it) believe will help shift more units and the response has been luke warm.

It happens. People tend to get bored faster these days.

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

We should see fewer 'ports' as they currently are once the next-gen consoles are here...

Huzzah.

9. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

The Witcher 2.

10. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

QTE sequences, Boss fights - this was a console game in all but name!

There is hope though - Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous show that there is still a way for PC games to get made. Not forgetting Arma 3 of course!

11. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Dead space 2 was just a straight port still enjoyed playing it though.

One of the few games that ran well on my old 8800gts, you still can crank up the res.

Not everyone has 2x680's yer know.

Saying that DS3 might be rubbish anyway.

12. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Battlefield 3 is a port, complete with PS3 exclusive content. Same goes for Far Cry 3 - Day 1 patch for bad rendering code and sloppy memory management. D3 I'm not gonna touch other than to say: True, but I honestly wish I had never bought it.

This is true. Looking forward to those. :rock:

13. Ream

Ream What's a Dremel?

Multi platform games are never built with PC's in mind, PC gamers are an after thought. You can blame it on piracy or the fact consoles are so old now that I bet top end phones will have better graphics than the PS3 and Xbox within 2 years.

Hopefully we will get some decent games that we will buy this year.

14. Parge

And Planetary Annihilation! :rock:

Also: BF3 - not a port in any way. Do you even play, Bro?

15. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Yes, played BF3 mostly on the 360 though as that's where the people I know play. Played the PC version today for a couple of hours though. It is an example of a game that has been developed to take in the strengths of each platform rather than just the lowest common denominator.

As for Dead Space 3 - I am not really interested. The first one was good and managed to get the balance right between action and tension, the second was just more of the same. I suspect that the third is tending towards a more traditional FPS approach from what I have seen. I imagine lots of 'set pieces' and cut-scenes. It seems that the longer a franchise continues the more generic they become.

This year is going to be a strange one for games, with potentially two new consoles out (or at least announced) I think there is going to be a lot of 'rinse and repeat' stuff. I think that 2014 will be the more interesting year to be honest.

16. rollo

rollo Modder

BF3 online is a pc game with 64 player maps.

The single player mode is COD with better graphics and some destructible scenery. Story has been told a million times before. If that's really a future of a native pc game I'd be running.

The witcher 2 is easily the best pc game I've played in the last few years. It's different and unique and has enough of a challenge to keep you returning.

Pc has always had titles that excel

4x games
    Similuations
    Strategy games
    Mmos
    RPGs

Been the big ones. Enough rpg is debatable has not been a truly great rpg since baulders gate 1 and 2 were out.

17. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

I can't wait for the day they decide they can't be bothered to add keyboard/mouse support to console port.

18. Parge

If you think that 'FPS' isn't on that list then you are living in dreamland.

Battlefield 3 is a PC game, ported to consoles as you can see from the larger 64 Player maps, and full use of DX11 - both of which are dumbed down on the consoles.

19. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

While the introduction of some QTE is a clear miss step, you arr wrong about TW2 being a console game.

The fighting of monsters is part of the lore and the game has been well optomised to take advantage of pc hardware up and down the scale, has a well thought out set of controls and interface and allows a lot of customisation in terms of graphic settings.

It's clarly a game designed for the PC in the first instance and later ported to consoles after a year.

Compare that to something like mass effect 3
    .... then you will know a true multiplatform game that was designed with the lowest common in mind

20. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

IIRC Dead Space 2 wasn't exactly filled with higher end settings and trinkets. It was still an awesomely scary game. Not sure why people are so irate about it this time.

You don't need high resolution textures to shi* your pants.