1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC HTPC Case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by meandmymouth, 13 May 2017.

1. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Looking for recommendations here for a decent but not too expensive HTPC case.

Requirements:
    3.5" and 2.5" drive support. One for each is fine as I have a 6TB drive and 240GB SSD.
    GPU support - got an ITX size Zotac 1060 so no need for long GPU support.

Useful
    5.25" bay - got a blu ray drive I'd like to move out of my main rig and in to this.
    Standard ATX PSU - I already have one but happy to buy an SFX PSU if required.
    mATX motherboard support - using a mini ITX board but wiggle room for future changes always nice.

I've had a look at a couple of Silverstone cases - GD05 and GD09 - but would like to know what others are using or have had experience with.

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I can certainly vouch for the Silverstone GD05 which I bought as I needed something to fit in a predetermined space. Plenty of internal space for everything and will certainly fill your requirements.

3. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

That was my preferred of the two I mentioned. How many drives can it actually fit?

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Looking at the spec it says 3.5" x 2 , 2.5” x 1 or 3.5" x 1 , 2.5” x 2 internal which on taking off the top cover on my is pretty much right though there is a fair bit of spare space for some sort of modded cage I suspect.

5. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Do like my GD05b.

Pretty sure you can put a 3.5 drive on the bottom of the left cover, along with a 2.5 above the PSU on the same side.
    5.25 drive bay is covered (just make sure you have a low profile cooler. Stock Intel fits just fine.

6. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

I saw this thread and thought, great I know of a great HTPC case, then read your requirements released that the case I had in mind only meet 3 of 7. :duh: In case your were wondering, I was going to suggest a Streacom case. I personal have a FC5 WS and love it.