1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Is there such a thing as quiet 80/92mm fans

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CrapBag, 13 May 2017.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I have my friends pc here to fix and it turned out to be a dying and now seemingly dead gpu.

His case has a 120mm fan in the front and two 80mm fans, one in the side panel and one in the rear which can take a 92mm.

His cpu cooler is an old AC freezer pro which I have quietened down in the bios so I'm lookin to change the 2 80mm as they are loud, especially the side panel which is failing and ticking and rattling.

So are there any reasonably quiet 80/92mm out there which aren't silly money, it's an old E2140 cpu with an Nvidia 210 gpu so not looking to cool anything high end here, could probably do away with the side panel fan altogether to be honest.

2. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I have a couple of Sharkoon Silent Eagle 2000 80mm fans in my PC which are very quiet. They also do a 1000 model which is even quieter.

I notice they do a 92mm fan too but I've never used one.

Edit: Dang, looks like they're now discontinued. Sorry.

Last edited: 13 May 2017
  3. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

As I'm in a bit of a tight window of time I decided to buy 1 80mm and 1 92mm antec tricool fans as they have the 3 position switch so I can slow the fans down if need be.

Hopefully I've made a decent choice.

I have 3 or 4 120mm tricools in the house and been happy with them.

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yeah, I have a couple of Deltas - after a week of those you'll be deaf - problem solved! :D

5. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Sorry what was that, can you speak up a bit ? ;)

I had a Globalwin 802 in black years ago and I had 2 x 80 MM Delta 6200 RPM Screamers in there, they really did shift some air. Add in the Cooler Master Heat Pipe Copper cooler with the 5700 RPM Delta screamer on the top you really did go deaf and that was before I cranked up the speakers !