1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Monitor advice needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NekiBaja, 26 Sep 2012.

1. NekiBaja

NekiBaja What's a Dremel?

Hi there folks.
    I've been tasked to choose a new monitor for a friend. She intended 19" display at first, but I've managed to push it to fullHD 22".

The options are the following :
    -Acer G226HQL
    -BenQ G2255A
    -ViewSonic VA2231WA

All of them have the same warranty period, similar specs, price and will be connected via vga port.
    Main use will be web/office work and some light photo editing, no gaming.

Has anyone dealt (had experience) with any of them? I know it's nitpicking in this price range, but I'm looking for a push in the vaguely right direction.

Note: I'm not from the UK nor can I consider any other model (budget over-stretched).

Many thanks in advance :thumb:

2. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

If you could then tell us where you are from then it would help us consider any other models in your price range. Talking of price range you mention your budget is over stretched but you don't tell us what that budget is is.

I know I could go and search all 3 of those models and then a have a pretty decent guess but I feel you shouldn't be making us do that work for you.

Also I wouldn't worry about the VGA port as an adaptor is very cheap (or often free if you ask the right places nicely)and this is old technology now really.

In short, I know you are asking for users experiences of the models you mentioned but a little more information would allow us to help you more easily.

3. NekiBaja

Hi again.

Well, I'm from Bosnia and the budget is 120 euro. I've already factored in availability in my area and the price (with discounts). If you can find something equally good or better, please let me know.

All three appear to be similar, but they're not.
    Acer is the only one with LED back light, but has lower brightness than ViewSonic (200vs300 dc/m2), where's BenQ has the lowest native contrast (600:1 vs 1000:1)
    In other words, which route to take, LED, brightness or contrast one?

Again, thanks for all your inputs.

4. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

The contrast values are arbitrary, can't rely on them. You can't have the screen on full brightness anyway (unless you like bleeding eyes :)) so the max brightness doesn't matter either. I'd say go for the LED backlit one for lower power consumption.

5. NekiBaja

Just ordered the Asus one. Led one was my favorite too, plus it looks better than the other two, to my eye at least.

Thx all

+rep

6. rovit44

rovit44 What's a Dremel?

I have the BenQ G2255A and tried a 3m DVI-D cable in it. I got a load of pink dots and green dots ontop of the normal display. I dont have a graphics card but the view should be better than the VGA cable it came with, shouldn't it? It runs fine on the VGA
    I have: Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX || CPU: i5 3570k || Graphics Card: None || Memory: Kingston 4GB || SSD: Corsair Force 3 120GB || HDD: None || CPU Cooling: Stock || Power Supply: Stock 500W || Case: EZCool Mesh ATX || Monitor(s): BenQ G2255 || Keyboard: Dell stock || Mouse: Saitek