1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Path of Exile

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by spectre456, 8 May 2012.

1. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

Is anyone else playing this little gem? I heard about it when i was looking for a diablo clone after playing the D3 beta.

For a free to play game, this title is very polished. The graphics are very slick and have that dark and edgy feel Diablo II had but Diablo 3 is missing. It also has better visual effects than Diablo 3 and from what I've played of the two, deeper stats and attributes to fiddle with.

The passive skill tree looks like the star map in Eve online!

The D3 beta was pretty fun but i really can't stomach the asking price for what i'm getting. The visuals aren't that impressive and have no cool techincal feats. e.g bodies disappear after a few seconds, no dynamic lighting and lesser quality effects and particles. The skill system also seems a little too shallow for me from what i've seen from the beta.

Path of Exile also has an open beta this weekend so you can try it out then.

2. soviet_

soviet_ Bantros

Have been thinking about buying into the closed beta for a while but with D3 so close...

Will try this open beta weekend, might pass some time until Tuesday

3. spectre456

I felt the same way yesterday but i caved into the closed beta anyway because i had a deep hack n slash rpg addiction to fix.

My main issue with D3 was the price. It just feels like i'm not getting enough unique content for the price.

4. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Been playing the closed beta a while, and I'm really enjoying it.

I love the passive skill tree, it really is BIG and allows for a lot of customization and some of the abilities on the outside edges are really cool effects, like one that makes you immune to a certain type of damage, raises your energy shield (recharging shield) by quite a lot, but drops your max HP to one.

Currently just got my newest marauder to the next difficulty up. gone for a shield, mace and health regen tied with blood magic, really fun combo
    I've replaced my default attack with heavy strike, as in the time it takes to cast it, I've regenned the health cost (as well as it having life steal on the attack) He doesn't do much damage, but can tank the hell out of anything.

5. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I just looked at that passive skill tree and a little bit of wee came out. It looks so pretty..reminds me of the sphere grid in FFX. I am interested as of now!

6. spectre456

The weekend stress test goes live in about 3 1/2 hours along with the new shadow class they are adding.

7. soviet_

soviet_ Bantros

Been playing, a lot better than I expected. Love the hubs, got a big surprise seeing a load of other players

8. Xenon_MD

Xenon_MD What's a Dremel?

I've been in the closed beta for sometime, going for brute force power and as much HP as I can grab on my Marauder with my lady on her Ranger. We've only played these 2 classes but they mesh very well with our all out offence play style.... until I forget to chug health pots!

Atmosphere is well built and can get very tense - it's a well constructed world.

9. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Heard about this from a friend last night when discussing Diablo 3. Seems fairly interesting, the skill tree really impressed me too. Might have to try buying into the beta or look into whether I can get into an open beta in the near future. With Torchlight 2 coming soon it'll have to be pretty special, though being free certainly helps!

10. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

So found this game recently and absolutely loved it.

Cant wait for it to go open beta.

Yea i know you can get a key for 10bks but with a wedding comming up the missus wont approve of such purchases :p

For those of you fed up with d3 or looking for something more like D2 this is definitely it.....and to think whe released it will be f2p.

Very polished and fluid. And the devs are working out a lot of issues the community has but they stand there ground on things they believe core to their design. ie- inventory slots.

So to all that are playing i hope to joining you soon enough.

Praying the random number generator plucks my name out or ill just suck it up till open beta. But this game is a gem.

11. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!