1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete C.ACE by C4B12 | 16-10-23 (completed)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by C4B12, 23 Oct 2016.

1. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

Oi!

I have been very inactive here on Bit-Tech, sadly, but a new time-consuming job, a 1-year old son and other life-stuff have been taking a lot of time.

However I have never lost my passion for modding. So now when I am back I want to share my latest projects.

One case I made is something I call C.ACE. The hardware is listed here.

MOBO: Asus Z170I Pro Gaming
    CPU: Intel i5 6600K
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 Nano
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4
    SSD: Corsair Force LX 240GB
    PSU: Corsair SF600
    COOLER: Corsair H5SF

First of all I want to give a big thanks to ace_finland for his help with cutting out the aluminium and with brainstorming the design.

So the plan was to build a small yet powerful PC based on Corsair's SF600 and H5SF. For me the obvious choice of graphics card was the R9 Nano.

I started working on a design together with ace_finland, it took a few weeks and then we came up with something that worked. He milled out the plates and shipped them over to me so I could start putting everything together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best regards,
    Johan Nyman

Last edited: 20 Apr 2017
  2. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

So I dont have very many photos from the building process, I used the "mod cubes" from Parvum to put all the plates together, worked out really nice!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So the frontplate have a powerswitch, resetswitch and a 140mm fan. The SF600 is installed in the bottom of the case, seperated from everything else and is pulling in air through the bottom of the case.

[​IMG]

Over the I/O-plate there is ventilation holes for the H5SF-cooler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is how the layout on the inside looks, it is pretty cramped up in there.

[​IMG]

On the left sidepanel there is also a small Corsair logo.

[​IMG]

And the toppanel have a small angled window.

[​IMG]

Everything put together and it looks like this.

Best regards,
    Johan Nyman

3. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

Final result!

So this is how the build turned up. The temperatures was decent. The 140mm fan in the front pushes air into the case, the H5SF picks it up and pushes it out of the case. The SF600 PSU takes air from the bottom and also pushes it out. Same with the R9 Nano, it takes air from the outside and pushes it out in the back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope this was something you liked, it was something I really enjoyed working on as I am very passionate about small builds.

Please comment what you think and what I should have done different. :)

Best regards,
    Johan Nyman

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

5. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

Haha! :D Thanks, it is small but yet pretty powerful with the 6600K and R9 Nano.