1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scores on reviews and bit-tech development

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by E1TSY, 26 May 2016.

1. E1TSY

E1TSY A cog in the bit-tech machine

Good Morning All

There is a current issue that some of you are seeing, Scored appearing on current reviews.

At the beginning of this year, we announced that we would be losing scores on reviews and replacing them with an awards system.

The reason for scores appearing on current reviews is linked to the use of ad blockers. Whilst i do not want to get into a debate on the use of ad blockers etc (and certainly not waving a big stick and trying to talk you into not using them) if you white list bit-tech you will see the issue disappear. I can also assure you that we do not run intrusive adverts and all ads are relevant :D However, if you wish to continue using an ad blocker then sadly you will have to ignore the scores appearing.

Just to give a little more context...
    Part of the coding that was done essentially hides away scoring from future reviews, however, due to the complexity of the site they still have to "exist" in some form on the back end. If we totally remove them from the system then they will disappear for all older reviews too.
    I can share with you at this time that we are already well into the development of a NEW bit-tech. This being an entire new back / front end - More news on this soon. With this in mind, it does not make sense to spend development time (weeks) on hiding old scores when we have a new "shiny shiny" system on its way that will take away these little bugs. We are dedicated to bringing you a new home and right now its "all hands on deck" to deliver this.

Thank you all for your dedication, input and patience.

With love - bit-tech

2. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Oooh I like new and shiny.

3. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Woooo! :thumb:
    Not that I don't love the current site... :worried:

Are forum users gonna get a sneak peak early look? :D

4. E1TSY

E1TSY A cog in the bit-tech machine

I do not want to give too much away right now, it will spoil the surprise.
    What i can say is that we have 3 projects (in simple form)
    1) Front end
    2) Back end - Including article generation and posting
    3) Forum

We do have the new forum that is running on our internal system. Once the formatting and tweaking has been done. We will first invite selected Mods to have a play and then we will extend this offer to a select few forum members. No doubt with some sort of submission form / approval process.

So in answer to your question, yes. There will be a sneak peak nearer the time. We may also tease with some screen shots too

5. SkiDave

SkiDave Minimodder

Exciting times!