1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Windows hit by zero-day Redirect to SMB attack

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 14 Apr 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

MS are really pushing W10 and it still has these old vulnerabilities :duh:

3. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I can certainly understand why more & more folks are heading to linux, at least they seem to give a damn when informed of problems.

4. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I can't help but feel that is easy to say now, but if Linux ever got as big as Windows...

5. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Worryingly, how many times was worryingly worryingly used in this worryingly reported matter? ðŸ˜￾

Just kidding but what's probably more worrying is how despite the warning, it wasn't publicised again during the last 18 years. Was it reported as fixed then?

6. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I don't think it was fixed, Microsoft seems to be saying both the 1997 exploit and this more recent one is not as serious as people believe it to be.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/13/us-cybersecurity-windows-idUSKBN0N41HU20150413?feedType=RSS&feedName=technologyNews
    I think this maybe the original security and defense blog post mentioned.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Twice. (Which, I'll grant you, is one more time than it should have been - at least it wasn't "however," which is by far my most overused word!)