1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Painting a case help

Discussion in 'Modding' started by zhangmaster12, 1 May 2007.

1. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

Hi all, my antec p180B is a bit scratched up, and i want to fix it. i was thinking about how to paint the side panels so that it looks like the origonal brushed alu style

Also, i need to paint the top, its also scratched. its plastic, is it possible to paint it a matte black? If so, how?

Thanks all.

Last edited: 4 May 2007
  2. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

3. bumfluff

bumfluff What's a Dremel?

There was a tutorial over on coolercases.co.uk in the forums where the guy painted his mouse, that is made of plastic.

4. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

You just need a primer that will adhere to plastic then pain on top of that. also sand the surface with 240grit to make a better surface.

5. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

On the side pannels, anyway, getting the black-anodized-brushed-aluminum look back will be rather tough with paint. If the scratches themselves aren't too bad, a black sharpie will get rid of the silver color and leave the grain visible.

6. zhangmaster12

the scratches arent bad only a few, but i want to make them invisible. With a shrapie they are still faintly visible.

thanks for teh replys

7. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Krylon's Fusion Paints are made for painting plastic. You need to prep the plastic surface by cleaning it first with a degreaser spray like "Simple Green" or "409"

If you wish to use an automotive touch-up spray instead, you must use Flexible Primer for your base coat first on plastics.

(btw: "Self Etching" Primers are for Metal Surfaces)

8. zhangmaster12

ty everybody