1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Minecraft developer announces Scrolls

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Mar 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Mraedis

Mraedis Minimodder

I don't see the appeal of this type of cardgames, personally. There are already a ****ton of them out there and a 'new and unique' way of battling? Please. See first then believe.

Last edited by a moderator: 2 Mar 2011
  3. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

Sounds interesting, wonder what they are planning to make it a new and unique experience.

4. Flanananagan

Flanananagan What's a Dremel?

I hope this doesn't flop...

I unfortunately think it will though :(. A pretty poor follow up to the hype of Minecraft.

5. KayDat

KayDat What's a Dremel?

I believe in the heart of the cards...to summon Exodia, the Forbidden One!

6. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

The thing you're all missing is that I don't think they're looking for a massive success with this though. They've made enough money with Minecraft that they can afford to take risks, and apparently this is the game they've always wanted to make. It might not be for you (it's probably not for me either tbh) but if they get a big enough audience they'll do alright out of it. Also, they've said that if the game doesn't do well they're prepared to cut their losses, which is a pretty hard thing to do if it's the game you've always wanted to make.

One other thing, before people start complaining about Mojang neglecting Minecraft, Notch is still full-time on that (aside from office Nerf-battles) and there is another member of staff who is putting as much work in as Notch was before Minecraft went viral. Apparently about half the staff (of about 9) are working on Scrolls, and when you bear in mind that Minecraft was just 1 guy originally there's no reason to believe that work on Minecraft will be slowing down any time soon.

7. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Cards belong in pockets not on hard drives

8. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

What about vCards? :p (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

9. sausages

sausages What's a Dremel?

The 'progress' of Minecraft couldn't be any slower. But I'm excited about this new game. I love card games, and MTG is/was great. I don't like it so much any more because they are releasing new sets far too often and they are becoming too overpowered, and it's expensive to play that game. So a good and cheaper alternative could be great.

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I really want them to concentrate on Minecraft: fix the bugs and actually get it to final release, but that's just because Minecraft is so much damned fun!

Good on Mojang as far as I'm concerned. It's great that they can now afford to diversify and take risks on new projects; this company is a real success story. If it's something that they've always wanted to do, you can be damn sure that they won't put out something half-arsed.

Tags: Add Tags