1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress CM Cosmos II MODERN by Dave2010 [FINAL PICS!!]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Dave2010_TA, 10 May 2013.

1. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Hello guys, I propose on the modder square, a new project: CM Cosmos II Modern. The title leaves already imagine the style of the mod, which will be precisely a modern and current. With the success of the Glass & Steel 600T, I hope that this Cosmos II can collect even more favorable opinions!
    I hope to get better again and increase my level. Now, after these lines too many series for me, let's get down to business.
    In the search for sponsors, I run into Cooler Master to request a power supply. Well, I make it short. To the question: ok for the power supply, but how about making a mod on a Cosmos II? My answer is found in the pictures that follow.
    The characteristic color of the mod will prevail blue and gray, with some flash in black to complete the whole.
    Now just words, we start with a list of sponsor logos that will participate in the MOD: two I can reveal them immediately, for others ... you have to wait for the right moment.
    I thank Massimo D'Errico, owner of PcHunter, who helped me in the intermediation with CM and will support ... bah, do not say anything, suspence...

Stay tuned, tomorrow I'll put a lot of interesting photos!!

Last edited: 20 Jan 2014
  2. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Take a seat, and let's see the monster!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Let's work on it!!! I removed all the internal parts, to...you must wait to know it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Well, for now, the works are still dismantling of the case, as I'm still waiting for the motherboard to be able to take definitive measures to 100% without errors.
    Meanwhile, however, do not leave you high and dry and start to show you some very interesting parts.
    A big thank to Kingston for giving me this SSD, 120GB HyperX 3K and this kit of RAM, 2x4GB, 2400 MHz HyperX Predator.
    And now, pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Here, I reveal some other very interesting arrival. Thank Aquacomputer for the special agreement and all this good God
    In the box there are: Aquaero 5 XT, version 2 poweradjust ultra waterblock Aquaero two flow sensors, two temperature sensors, 1/4 G, two filters Aquacomputer classic, plus all the cables needed for the connections.
    If you have any questions, shoot as well!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Good evening guys, the works are stop at the moment, because of my work.
    But, I can show you what I receive from Aquatuning!!! Thank you very much!!
    A Phobya G-Changer 480, Phobya G-Changer 360 and two Laing DCC500 1T Plus.
    Because of the two pumps, you can guess that I'll make two loops...follow me...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See you soon!!

7. Mad_Bull

Mad_Bull What's a Dremel?

dave dave dave dave dave!!!!!!!! ehehehehe come on!!!!! ;)

8. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Hi Mad!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you soon my frienz!!!

9. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

A big THANKS to PcHunter for this beatiful motherboard!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Am I the only that I think I talk to myself? :hehe::hehe:

10. KrunchR

KrunchR What's a Dremel?

Nice parts, cant wait to see how this goes!

11. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Thank you!!
    I'm so busy at work and the works are stopped at the moment. I hope to continue as soon as possible!

Bye!!

12. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Hi guys!
    I add another piece of the components, a big piece.
    Thanks a lot to Cooler Master, that provide me this beatiful power supply.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

I'm back.
    Unfortunately, in recent weeks I'm overloaded with work and free time is nothing. Adding the fact that we are looking for an house, bye bye weekend.
    However, there is a but, I have a clear idea about the internal positions of the components. I'm currently designing the internal structure, for the fixing of the various components. The idea is to do everything by hand, with black brushed aluminum. The fact is that now it's difficult to be found, the AC Ryan has started to do other, and do not know where to turn. I have a contact with a friend, that should give me the panels, then cut out completely to my liking, from which I am waiting for news, but it should be all for the better. If you were to go wrong, I make the panels with inox laser cutted. The fact is that for the project I have in mind the ideal and also what I want and I do not accept compromises, is brushed black aluminum. I did not even consider the speech to paint. This time I want to do something totally clean and targeted elegance and simplicity.
    This is the layout I have in mind now. Tell me also if you jump out errors or have suggestions for improvements.
    All this was done in English for a reason, you'll see in the future.

[​IMG]

Maybe if someone does not remember, the loop will consist of transparent rigid pipes E22, which I have already purchased. A loop with additive blue and the other with gray additive.

siliconfanatic likes this.
  14. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Last edited: 30 Jun 2013
  15. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

IMHO its a shame to put regular atx board ins CM2. better stick with lga2011 eatx :D

16. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Ahahahah awesome gif bro ahahhaha thank you, take a seat and enjoy yourself!

Nooooo i7 3770k it's better to gaming, and this mod, at the end, I'll use for gaming :):):)

17. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

I'm back folks, I recovered.
    Since the speech aluminum stalled for some time, I proceeded to design the whole thing in steel. I will spare you the tables of the various panels in 2D because soon you will see them realized.
    We begin with an overview of the various pieces that I designed and made to realize laser.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Support for radiator 480.
    2 mm thick. The radiator accommodated in the front area with fans in mining, placed inside, attached to the radiator.
    I was thinking of a small conveyor plexi, perhaps to illuminate. The triangle above has been obtained to be able to see the logo Phobya, not for a specific reason, but because I like it.
    The piece will be fixed so as you see it, anchoring it with the part below the bottom of the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rear Panels.
    These two panels will be placed in the rear of the cabinet, where there is currently preparing for the 140 mm fan.
    The latter will be present throughout sdremellato to leave only the little frame side where I will set these two panels, one inside and one outside. The internal one has a thickness of 1 mm (right panel) and the external instead (left panel) has a thickness of 2 mm, because as noted ... I'll have to hold the power supply, mounted vertically with connections to the inside and the side with the switch and the connector 230 V fixed on the panel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

360 mm radiator grille.
    1 mm thick, is placed above the radiator fans: the latter will be positioned on top of the case, with extraction fans in inland homes.

[​IMG]

Support SSD.
    Consists of two pieces, 1.5 mm thick, will be assembled as you can see in the second picture, and placed vertically as you see the last one, with the visible side anchored to another panel that we will see later. The SSD will be set using the holes of the same, using the screw holes on the side that I have prepared.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pieces are a little 'dirty, tomorrow I will take to clean them well and proceed to the early stages of working to integrate them.

18. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Supports pumps.
    If you remember Laing DCC will use two 1Tplus, which have only two brackets for mounting. These two brackets, 2 mm thick each, will be fixed at the pumps with two fins, while the other two serve as attachment to the case. The media has been drilled to breathe all the pumps, which will be located behind a 40 mm fan, like the ones I used in the 600T for passive radiators. The support will be decoupled from its backplate with rubber bands on the screws, and the pump instead with sound-absorbing foam perforated to let air pass through and not transmit the vibrations.

[​IMG]

Water tanks.
    Yes, this time trays custom made. 600T are perfect as those of the estate, have not lost half a drop, work fine, so winning choice is repeated.
    This time I changed the shape of the supports that both the glass ... you'll see later.
    Thickness 3 mm to avoid placing your chopsticks 4, in the draw, stainless steel embarks if too thin. The part below was prepared with 4 holes in order to have a better chance of securing tubing.
    Hole in the above instead, in order to allow refilling of the same.

[​IMG]

Front panel inside.
    1.5 mm thick, the hole in the lower part to place a 120 mm fan, adapted to develop the air flow of the project.
    The upper part instead, with two bent fins, will serve as support for Aquaero 5 XT and poweradjust with a special mask Aquacomputer and probably for a DVD player if I decide to put it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Support the motherboard.
    1.5 mm thick, will serve as support for the motherboard, rotated 90 ° with respect to the traditional positions.
    It was a solution already foreseen at the time of the 600T but not implemented due to space constraints and incompatibility with the rest of the design which was already too advanced to be turned upside down.
    In the lower part I opened a gap to pass the air through the vents of the door.
    The holes are already all been predisposed to be tapped and used the legs raised bundled with the case, and then staring at the card.
    The upper part was open only to remove steel and unnecessary weight to the panel. Side of the card will be ... well I will not tell now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Here, however, there is something interesting, a beautiful Venetian glass not to betray my roots for half the Veneto region.
    The glassware is the same as that produced me glasses for 600T, but this time in shades of cobalt blue and gray, which are the two colors that predominate the mod, coupled to the sleeve.
    You may wonder what to serve ... if I told you the water tanks? Before I mentioned in a different form ... so, water tanks square! You will then see how I plan to assemble them to ensure a perfect seal to the whole.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See you soon guys!

Last edited: 30 Jun 2013
  20. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

First day of processing.
    I started with the carving and thoroughly screwed all the cuts in the back, to begin placing the two rear panels, the inner and outer worlds.
    This is followed by a dress rehearsal for their proportions, which obviously gave more than positive. The next steps will be to secure all the various panels and brackets then move on to the part of the design of the liquid cooling system.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]