1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows FarCry 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 31 Jul 2014.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

http://far-cry.ubi.com/en-gb/home/

Are we looking forward to this?

I hated FarCry 2 and could not finish it because of a bug that would not let me out of the jail at the end but I really had to push myself to even get that far.

As for FarCry 3 one of the few games I only played once, normally I play through a second time almost immediately so that must mean I was not overly impressed.

And then there was FarCry 1 which was a great game and one that I must replay.

2. Bede

Bede Minimodder

£50 on Steam... no thanks. FC3 I didn't like - far too gamey - but it could have been pretty great.

3. Alf

Alf What's a Dremel?

I loved Far Cry 2, thought it was a very atmospheric mix of action, stealth & overall fun. I encountered the same bug a bit earlier in the game (about 80% complete), but still played it through 3 times up until that point.

Hated Far Cry 3 with a passion though. Found it dull, soulless and very cookie-cutter. The game played itself at times and it bored me very quickly.

Hoping Far Cry 4 is a return to the more grittier, challenging, less gimmicky approach. Have to say from the screenshots I think it looks a bit pap and as if it's gonna walk a more FC3 path. :(

4. RagingMadman

RagingMadman What's a Dremel?

Looks to me as though it's going to be similar to 3.
    I agree with the "cookie cutter" evaluation.

5. Alf

Alf What's a Dremel?

:thumb:

Yeah, big shame if it is like 3. 2 layed the foundations of a potentially classic franchise. Instead I think we'll end up seeing it continue down the mass-produced-crap path too. :sigh:

6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I can't relate to be honest, I found FC3 one of the best games of its year. But each to his own, I suppose.

FC4, however, does look too similar to its predecessor, to the point of almost looking like an expansion pack. This kind of one-year-later sequel production is what put me off the Assassin's Creed franchise, it feels forced and unoriginal.

Could still be a great game, though, its formula doesn't condemn it from the off.

7. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

+1 no thanks at £50. I didn’t enjoy 3 and must be one in a small minority that like number 2.

8. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Minimodder

Number 2 was irritating because every dam mission was 10 miles apart and you had to drive there for ages but I liked the game nonetheless.

9. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I liked 1, 2 and 3. 2 certainly had it's problems, but it didn't stop me playing it, although I'm not sure if I ever finished it, maybe I'll go back to it again soon.

1 was great, although I can't remember it too well now as it was so long ago that I played it, :D.

3 I thought was really good, open world worked well and you weren't getting shot at every 10yds. The hunting added a bit of a distraction, although it was rather easy and I'd made almost everything before reaching 50%. Sure it was a bit "hand holding", but I occasionally like to play a game that doesn't ask too much but still allows you to have a bit of fun.

From the trailer, 4 would look to me to just be 3 set in a different location with a few names changed, hopefully there's more to it than that. I'll probably get it as long as it's not another bugfest, but not at £50, £25-30 I might pay if it's good, otherwise I'll just wait till it's on sale on steam or origin and get it for £10ish.

10. Craig_T

Craig_T What's a Dremel?

Did anyone get this then? I 've just got it and I am really enjoying it. I never played the first two, but I did play farcry 3 and really enjoyed it. So far I only h ave good things to day about the 4th one!

11. BeeP

BeeP Minimodder

I never liked 2 or 3 but loved 1, I just couldn't be bothered with the mission type way they were heading, give me the first game any day of the week.
    If only the games were not so pretty I wouldn't even be interested in this one.

12. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I liked 1 and 3. 4th one is also nice, like you said, graphics are awesome, even if missions aren't made same way like first part.

I like your location - Sunny Scotland - so which part is that?:)

13. BeeP

BeeP Minimodder

I'm in fife mate, the strange thing is that it is actually sunny today.......frosty but sunny :)

I'm not sure which part is Sin City though lol.

14. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Glasgow:D

Sorry for a late reply:eeek:

Well, I got back to this game. I really like the way they designed the area - all the hills, mountains, trees - it all looks so nice and realistically.
    I'm slowly uncovering the area by taking over radio towers. Most of the time I spend on hunting and upgrading my stuff. Cleared one fortress, a lot of fun when reinforcement arrive, all the choppers chasing me - fun!:)

I love those wee buzzers - pity they don't respawn straight away, or disappear when left somewhere. I noticed that sometimes even when I leave one next to me and go hunting, when come back, it's gone. I need to learn the spots where they spawn when I start the game again.
    Best transport in the game - love to shoot baddies from the air with sidearm (grenade launcher:D)