1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Bit-tech and Custom PC Awards Winners Announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 3 May 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Well done Corsair. You have to admit that they have come a long way over the last few years and continue to get better and better.

Last edited: 3 May 2013
  3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Looks like Caseking have really turned OCUK around then, which can only be a good thing :)

Also +1 on Corsair, there was a time when I only used their RAM, but I now rock a corsair PSU, hydro cooler, case fans and memory.

4. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Bad luck Scan, I guess people were getting fed up with refused RMAs and botched orders- would have liked CCL to win, but for OverClockers to win, with their reputation.... wow....

5. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Must admit I've found Overclockers' service to be truly excellent. I ordered two lots of fittings from them recently, both times the packages arrived the next morning. Most impressive point about that is the second package was ordered on a Friday, arrived on Saturday at 9:15. My only issue with them are their impressively high prices on many components, else I would shop there more often. Free next day deliver with Scan also helps.

Bit confused on the Thermaltake modding award though. Can't really think of a single product of theirs I'd be interested in modding or using in a mod, haven't seen many others do so either. Am I just missing something on that front?

Oh and the article seems to say "Best Modding Manufacturer" twice as if they're separate categories? May need to have a look at that ;)

6. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

Good spot. Fixed.

7. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

I wonder if and how Scan will react to this.

I have started using OCers more nowadays they are close to my parents and usually have the items I want in stock.

This change came after I had problems with a Scan RMA (bent pins on a motherboard, refused a refund and had to jump through hoops for a replacement) even though the pins were bent when I got the board and I had Scan Sure even if they weren't.

The time for resting on your laurels is over Scan, I hope this is the kick up the a** you have been sorely needing recently.

8. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

Agreed, really, really wouldn't use Thermaltake stuff for anything other than poking at arms length with a pointy stick.

9. billysielu

billysielu Minimodder

OCUK Forums Cheesecake

10. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Damn I was two out and one was overclockers but I'm glad scan have been knocked off their perch. Cannot wait to see the back of the magazine now

11. Blackshark

Blackshark What's a Dremel?

Gosh, OC have really turned it around. No suprise on the SSD front, well done Samsung and always up there at the top is Corsair. The C300, M4, M5 series has given enthusiasts a great working SSD that gives up little in speed to the likes of SF whilst having few of the issues. Samsung though are simply knocking aside all others with their all in house products.

12. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I agree although those are Crucial drives you've mentioned...

13. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

+ 1 for CCL and I'm glad to see Scan didn't win for a change; their service has gone downhill in recently.

14. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

My last order (and it will be my last order) with Scan was 18 months ago; I hope they can't possibly be any worse than they were then.

15. One1ros

One1ros What's a Dremel?

I totally agree with this. What does Thermaltake produce that can be defined as modding product? Fans? The Gorb?

16. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

+1 for CCL also.

Tags: Add Tags