1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Worst RMA Experience?

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 28 Sep 2011.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Kind of a pointless thread but it lets me fume my anger towards frends without making a rant turning into a flame war

I'll shorten it for easy reading:

Headphones break in 3 months

Email frends
    Almost 3 weeks later i get a reply

I cut the cable of the headphones to send with the letter
    I sent the letter first class recorded £6.60

8 weeks later i get the letter back beat up undelivered the had failed to pick it up from the office or sign for it

I send an email asking why

3 weeks later im still waiting on a reply with headphones in two pieces and looking at another 6-8 weeks if i decide to send it again to get replacement

Beat that :D

Last edited: 28 Sep 2011
  2. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

frends? Is that a shop? And why would you cut the cable off something that you're RMA'ing?

3. DeadP1xels

Frends is a **** brand that i thought was good till i realized they were practically skull candy/wesc then i cried inside

They tell you to cut the cable of instead of sending the entire headphone to save shipping i guess

4. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

ASUS took seven months to replace a board, and sent me a downgrade when I got it back. A8N32-Deluxe became A8N-SLi. No replies to wrong board emails.

5. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

ASUS motherboard RMA. Different model to Kayin, but they took 6 months and sent me a board back with a different problem, original had bent pins, "replacement" had 2 broken SATA ports.
    FYI, it was a P5B Deluxe.

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Five years ago when I was just starting my business, I bought several fairly high spec motherboards off an online UK components retailler. I built several computers with those motherboards, but because of a manufacturing defect with the particular run that I had bought from, they all failed within the warranty period. One by one they came back and had to be re-built with new motherboards. This was done, and I sent several RMA requests to the company that had supplied the boards. Several weeks later - after many phone calls and emails, hardly any of which were answered or replied to - I got several RMA numbers, packed the boards up in their original boxes and sent them off, along with a letter stating that I wanted them replaced ASAP because I had already been waiting weeks for the RMA information. Weeks passed. Phone calls were made, and ignored at the other end. Emails were written and sent, and were never replied to. Weeks turned to months, and at this point I contacted a legal representative to see what could be done. I was advised to keep trying to contact the company and see if they could at least send me a credit note. I was never able to get in contact with that company again, the only contact I have had with them since was a letter shortly after my last attempt at resolving the issue, stating that neither I nor my company would ever spend a penny on their website again. We haven't, either.

7. DeadP1xels

wow some of these are pretty shitty

Its so frustrating when a company can't provide a simple service

Theres very few companys i do not deal with anymore i generally give everyone a fair crack of the whip if i get what i want service and product wise then for sure i will buy again.

I was impressed by frends to start with even though the late reply but now the fact nobody was there to take in the RMA and even pick it up within the two weeks is just unacceptable

I have already moved over to using in ear headphones with my laptop so i will be selling the frends if i ever get them back as a brand new item on ebay

8. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

Ebuyer / UPS.. Sent off dead motherboard fine, email saying its shipped.. a week later nothing, contacted UPS they said it was never shipped to them.. contact ebuyer they say they shipped it.. they ship another one, this time UPS driver said I was out (was in on the delivery day they said and texted me about) turns out they tracked the van he was in, he didnt come close to where I lived.. waited another week for delivery pretty much same thing happens.. wait again this time it turns out they decided to deliver it to house number 15 (when I lived in 35..) <.<

9. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Worst one was sending a graphic card back to Germany on my own expense only to notice it probably wasn't faulty in the first place.

10. CarlT2001

CarlT2001 What's a Dremel?

I think generally returns are pretty good with a majority of suppliers. I use to work in the RMA department of a component distributor. It was a nightmare to say the least. Everything has to be tested and checked to see if warranties are still valid etc. This was also around the time of exposed dies on CPU's. I saw thousands of cracked and chipped cores due to bad mounting of heatsinks. Of course you could not argue this with the customers as they just said "It came like that". Manufacturers have very strict return policys and it's usually them that hold up the process.

11. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Seriously ? No 30 day RMA period, after which the item is considered unrepairable if you were not notified in 30 day period since sending a RMA request, and you can request full refund if this happens ? Glad i live in Slovakia, where you have such rights :naughty:.

12. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Hmm;

I've never taken anything to get repaired under warranty and not had to go back more than once.

I thought my Nikon D700 DSLR was the problem with regard to a lens I got used, front focusing (focusing closer to me than what the lens was meant to focus on), so I took the lens to get serviced, and was told the lens was within spec. So I did a big mistake and told them to check the body, when the body was fine with all my other lenses. I got the camera back not focusing right with any of my fast lenses, and ended up making a £500 loss by selling it on. Hey, it was tuned to Nikon's spec, so I feel no shame selling it.

13. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

7 months for the replacement of my nVidia 880GTX, by the time it was obsolete so I got in exchange a 9800GTX

there

14. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Overclockers.co.uk

15. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

+1 with them

I know someone RMA'd a mobo with Overcockers they never got a replacement or a refund, When they complained on the forum they was banned and the thread removed.

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

It's funny you should mention that... :rolleyes:

17. jrduquemin

jrduquemin Minimodder

+1 with them also.

Ordered some new kit, very poorly packaged on receipt. Motherboard was damaged due to lack of packaging. Sent the board back under RMA, this was refused and claimed I had dropped the board on installation. Not happy and definitely not impressed.

18. asura

asura jack of all trades

RMA'd some memory, e-mailed after a month to get an update, told it had never arrived, e-mailed back a link to the delivery report, no response - roughly this time last year...

19. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I think most of us have had a bad deal with OcUk on big ticket items, I only ever order small stuff from them if they have a good price on it, usually HDD's or peripherals, although to be fair I tend to use ebuyer for most things these days anyway, much better service and as of yet no hassle with RMA on anything.

Last edited: 2 Mar 2012
  20. DanSonley

DanSonley What's a Dremel?

i totally agree with the guy above.
    i bought some new kit from overckockers. didn't work properly so sent it back on rma. was ok. broke again though so tried greeting a refund pin rma got an email yesterday telling me that my kit worked fine and they are charging me £12.50 and they have sent it back to me. Two of my house mate's has had simaler problems with monitors. one had to pay for his monitor dispute it being discontinued becouse he hadn't cancelled the order when they sold there last one. the reason he didn't is because they didn't tell him.