1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Any good laser cutting company?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Vognen, 6 May 2016.

1. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

I've designed myself a PC case, and the plan is to have it made in 2 mm aluminium. I've had a look on ebay, but alas, no luck with replies so far. Can anyone recommend me a company that does custom laser cutting? Doesn't matter if it's in Poland, Ukraine, UK or whatever :) It's just for initial planning, and to decide if I should continue with my plans

Regards

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I got my stuff done by The Laser Hive in the UK (see project in sig). They're helpful and prompt.

3. Vognen

Vognen Minimodder

Thanks for letting me know. I'll send them a message tomorrow :thumb: Also just found out there's a place that lends out industrial equipments to students in my town, and they actually have a laser cutter. Cons are it can only handle 600x460 objects, and it can only cut acrylics. But if aluminium turns out to be too expensive it's nice to know there's a second option

4. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Laser Hive's Dave Chugg is great, He joined us in discussing the basics in converting the G5 case to ATX,

5. cobalt6700

cobalt6700 Minimodder

My brother is a fabricator and has a laser, CNC folder etc. If you wanted to send me a drawing i'll get you a price :thumb:

6. LePhuronn

LePhuronn Minimodder

I'd be interested in a couple of small things doing in 1.5mm aluminium if he can and doesn't cost the earth

7. cobalt6700

cobalt6700 Minimodder

PM me over some drawings and I'll sort you a quote :thumb:

8. LePhuronn

LePhuronn Minimodder

Convo started :thumb: