1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Paint-job

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Scellica, 6 Sep 2003.

1. Scellica

Scellica What's a Dremel?

We want to paint my brother's case in black. His case is an (ugly :lol: ) white standard case. I was just wondering if it's possible to airbrush (is that the word :confused: ) the case over the original (white layer)??? Or do we need to remove the original layer first??? thx

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

If you want to just make it 1 single colour then spraying over the original white/beige coat should be fine though I would reccomend rubbing it down with sand paper or similar first to make sure the surface is rough enough for the paint to stick to.

GOOD LUCK! :D

3. Guest-2808

Guest-2808 Guest

I just sanded mine down with some 150 grit, then 180 and finally 250. The Plasti-Coat stuck to it nicely. If you have problems you could always use a primer.

Oh, and BTW, I tried liquid paint stripper but it didn't work on whatever paint they were using.

MoJo

4. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me amimojo. DONT FORGET THE PRIMER :duh:

5. Scellica

stopped by the containerparc, brought home and old pc to do some tests :D
    It's amazing what you can find there :clap:

6. loply

loply What's a Dremel?

whats a containerparc?

7. Shogun

Shogun Banned

trash dump maybe?

8. Scellica

ermm a container parc, isn't that an english word, damn :D idd it's a place where people dump there old furniture, trash AND computers :p

but anyway, paint job is done. We just sanded the case and sprayed it. We had a few problems, for example NEVER DO YOUR PAINT JOB OUTSIDE WHEN THERE'S A LOT OF WIND :sigh: the first side panel has some really nice artistic extras, like beetles, flies, little pieces of wood. (Me and my brother we :rock: ... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: )

the second went way much better, this time we did it in the garage (my mother almost killed me when she saw us spraying in our nice clothes, spraying the dog (accidently :cooldude: ) etc etc

top panel wasn't a problem

the front was another story, this one's made of plastic but the paint seemed to stick pretty good.

Anyway, it isn't a very good paint job, some spots are darker then others but hell it was my first time and my brothers ugly case looks way much better :thumb:

9. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

that just cracked my up.
    I think the word(s) you are looking for in english would happen to be: Tip or Junk yard or scrap yard
    I gathered thats what you meant anyhow.

Its always good to practice on old/scrap metal the first time you try it :D

10. Scellica

yep idd, to tired to pick up the dictionnary :p