1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware ViewSonic VP2365wb Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 18 Jan 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

If it wasn't for an iminant move abroad, this would be mine by March! Great looking monitor!

3. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

sweet monitor, I do need a monitor I can swivel into portait, and view my photographs on with accurate colour repoduction and at resonable price this look like the monitor for me :D

4. dangerman1337

dangerman1337 Minimodder

Is looks like a good Eyefinity/Surrond for good value. (though you will probably need an adapter for Eyefinity).

5. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Ha, I bought the NEC MultiSync EA231WMi yesterday, I should have waited for this review! Looks amazing, maybe I'll just have to go dual monitor :)

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I've always had a soft spot for Viewsonics..

I've still got a VX912, VX924 and a VX922 sitting happily at home.

Having said that, I'm still very happy with my 4 year old Dell which does the trick.

7. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

You don't have to pay "nearly £100 more" for DisplayPort. The Dell U2311H has DisplayPort, is IPS, and can be had for ~ £260.

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Lovely. A great choice for those looking for a cheap screen. Sure, one can have a TN-crap for much less, but most of those don't even have a proper stand, or any adjustments, so even if you don't value the proper panel, you're still getting your moneys' worth in ergonomics.

9. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Minimodder

The Dell u2311 is better. This monitor came out last summer . . . . .

10. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

I still can't have my dream monitor, 24"or 23" 1920x1200, e-IPS panel with displayport and DVI and a zero screwed pixel warranty! Yeah 1920x1080 is taking over and mostly took over now but I'm a gamer that goes back to old games, I'm currently playing morrowind now and are forced to run it at a non native resolution which looks horrible because my monitor is 1680x1050, if I had a 1920x1200 monitor I could have it at 1600x1200 and it would look perfect. I'm basically limited to the HP HZ24W or whatever, maybe I could get one with somewhere that has a pixel guarentee =\

11. t5kcannon

t5kcannon Minimodder

I got one of these monitors, and am very happy with it. Has Bit Tech even reviewed the Dell U2311? It's a quality IPS monitor, which I got on special offer from Dell for £222. I use it for gaming and watching movies.

12. praxis22

praxis22 Geek

13. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

looking for a new monitor right now and this is very tempting. Just wanting something slightly bigger without the mental price increase.

14. coliea

coliea What's a Dremel?

I wanted the exact same specification and have just purchased a HP LP2475W for £357 delivered. OK, so HP don't to my knowledge offer a zero dead pixel gaurantee, but as an ICT manager I buy hundreds of cheaper TN panels each year and in my experience dead or stuck pixels are a rarity these days.

The HP LP2475W is a 1920x1200 H-IPS panel (the same panel in an Eizo will cost you a grand), has Display Port, HDMI, DVI and a host of other inputs, and once properly calibrated is fantastic (it's much too bright out of the box).

IMO at £360 it can't be beaten. Check out the reviews on Trusted Reviews, PRAD, TFT Central, etc.... and of course bit-tech.

15. 63jax

63jax What's a Dremel?

perfect, i love ips and pva panels. it was about time they were becoming affordable, and i hope all the TN **** will disappear from the market. i am also on the move to buy one good panel to replace my Samsung 226bw, a 22inch with full-hd res is enough for me, don't like big panels, small screens + hi res equal crisper image. keep them coming...

16. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I currently have the Viewsonic VX2260WM - 22" Full HD monitor. Would the image quality increase be noticeable enough to justify an upgrade in your opinion?

Edit: For reference, I use my PC for gaming and bluray watching.

17. sb1991

sb1991 What's a Dremel?

Could Bit-Tech maybe invest in some monitor calibration equipment? Qualitative descriptions of the lagom tests are a poor substitute for hard numbers, and leave this website looking amateurish compared to others (such as AnandTech and TFT Central). Most of the reviews here involve rigorous testing and are generally excellent, but with monitors we're left with wooly descriptions like 'a touch colder' and 'slightly deeper blacks'. You note that 'It's difficult to say subjectively which is the more accurate'... why not just buy a colorimeter and say it objectively?

Last edited: 18 Jan 2011
  18. Guinness

Guinness What's a Dremel?

I bought the NEC early last year following the Bittech review. This Viewsonic was actually available then for about £260 (£40 less than I paid for the NEC). There were no reviews around at the time I chose to pay the extra

19. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

question still remains should i go with this or the 26 Larger monitor for the same price??

hmmm

20. t5kcannon

t5kcannon Minimodder

Well said. Bit Tech seem to do good reviews on the majority of PC hardware, but offer really poor coverage of monitors. When they do a review, it is decidedly second rate stuff, missing rigours analysis and stuffed with subjective comments. Hard to gauge anything much from such reviews.

Bit Tech give plenty of PSU, case, fan, etc, etc group tests, which is great, but when was the last time anyone can remember a monitor group test? I just don't get why they choose to do this. A good monitor can make a huge difference to a PC user's enjoyment. High time for Bit Tech to take monitors seriously, and extend their good reviewing standards to cover monitors.

Tags: Add Tags