1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Dead Island Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 20 Jul 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I can see this being little more than a L4D clone, but I do think the trailer they released a few months ago was superb.

3. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Seems more like Borderlands then L4D by that preview. Still looking forward to this coming out.

4. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Looking forward to this game very much so. Lets hope they are as good at making games as they are trailers and we will be ok.

5. feathers

feathers Minimodder

The game looks potentially ok but why preview it on a vintage console with **** graphics?

6. chris66

chris66 Minimodder

'Gore O Metre'! .....and I thought that, at last, a well crafted and considered game from the 'Z-Genre' was being developed. But alas, yet another game aimed at the attention deficit disorder generation, it seems. Sigh……

7. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

How did comparisons with Dead Rising not get mentioned? I hope it's nothing like it though.

8. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

This is very much how the devs were pitching it; Borderlands with Zombies and melee combat.

9. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

I doubt it'll live up to the hype of the trailer, it'll probably still be good though.

10. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I hope it's as good as it seems - I really want a new zombies game to play to somewhat replace L4D2...

Dead Rising was terrible, and the second one. Real disappointment.

11. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

sounds like dead rising 2.. but noone could be as out of control as tyrone

12. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Sounds great, I loved borderlands. I also loved L4D. Anything similar to either would be great. The more Coop games (preferably 4+ players) the better IMO! :thumb:

13. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

For a game whose focus is on melee weapons they look really awkward and unsatisfying to use in every video of this game that I've seen so far.
    Maybe it'll be improved for release, but the first-person animations of the weapons just aren't 'right' and come out of the same uncanny valley as Duke's mighty boot in DN3D.

Anyone following this game should go and watch some of the gameplay videos to get a feel for why that CG trailer has very little to do with the actual game. Whether or not that's a good thing will be down to personal taste.

14. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Someone always has to bash consoles does you're Pc e-peen feel bigger now.

15. jakobfrimmel

jakobfrimmel What's a Dremel?

this games look nice.... but im more of a gun guy... :(

16. feathers

feathers Minimodder

If it gets any bigger it will explode console person.

17. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Bordelands + Left 4 Dead + Dead Rising anyone?
    I know I AM in for the fun!

18. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

Because gameplay is more important than graphics.

Anyways, the game is continuing to look less worthy with every bit of info I see about it. It hit a massive low when I saw a gameplay video where it pulled dead rising 2 style weapons out, the characters spouted one-liners and player limbs were clipping through the ground and melee hits just didnt look right (like a bat clipping a few inches into a zombie head while beating it).
    I had high hopes for the game and got sucked up in the hype, but the more I learn, the more it seems like dead rising 2 with more RPG elements.

By the looks of it, the game will be quite different to l4d. The main attraction of the l4d series is that it's instant action with little to no time where there isn't something happening. This game borrows elements from it, but I highly doubt it will have the same play style and enjoyment as a quick bash through The Sacrifice on either L4D's.

19. feathers

feathers Minimodder

What gameplay do you expect on a console? Especially eggs box £3.60.

It's just a shame so many pc games have been retarded by developing for the lowest performing platform first.

20. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Oh I hope this turns out as a hit, seems a mix of dead rising, left 4 dead & crysis, I really hope they manage to make it an awesome game, could turn into my favourite game :D.

Should have coconuts that you can throw at the zombie heads which crack open for a little health :D & randomly placed coctails that let you take less damage while drunk :lol:.

Tags: Add Tags