1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Parvum S2.0 MSI Dragon

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by OcSurfe, 20 Apr 2014.

1. OcSurfe

OcSurfe Uber Noob

Hey guys back with another build log.

This time its a collaboration with Parvum and MSI in a one of build for MSI to go on their booth at i51. I will start off by saying that the build is already complete and running. Due to the mad rush trying to get this together and hardware failures that we incurred the project log had to take a backseat for the time being. It is finished so I will drip feed the updates over the coming weeks.

Firstly I would like to thank Shaun and Justin at Parvum for creating all the renders and making this case. As you can probably tell from the Render below, this is based off of the Parvum S2.0 chassis. It is similar to the S1.0 case with the main difference being the orientation of the motherboard, with the graphics cards being in the bottom of the case as opposed to the top in the S1.0.

[​IMG]

As for the gear we are going to be putting in it, here is the specs list;

Intel 4770k
    2x MSI GTX770
    MSI Z87M motherboard
    4 Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm fans
    16gb 2400mhz Kingston HyperX Beast
    120gb Kingston HyperX 3k
    2x 2tb Western Digital Black
    Seasonic 660w Platinum PSU
    2x XSPC AX240 Radiators
    2x XSPC GTX770 Waterblocks
    XSPC Raystorm CPU Block
    XSPC Black Chrome Fittings
    Nanoxia Sleeved Extensions
    As said earlier, the build log will be progressing in the next few weeks, but here is a little teaser for you whilst you are waiting!

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

2. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Understandably watching :)

3. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

Two great companies, should turn out great will watch. :)

4. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

I'm here! Come on with the updates already, whats taking so long man?

5. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Anybody got pics what these cases look like with the HDD or SSD's and as well as the psu inside. These cases I am intrigued by and might just give it a bash.

6. OcSurfe

OcSurfe Uber Noob

One such picture will be coming in the future!

7. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

You under some sort of NDA? :p

What malarkey is this of things to come in the future, yet you've put this thread up, bloomin' tease! :p

8. OcSurfe

OcSurfe Uber Noob

Its all about keep you guys keen and wanting more, whats the point in smashing it up in one go when I still have bits to finish on it :p

9. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

An etching? That all for an opening post?

We WANT! :D

Joking aside bud, build looks a killer with that spec!

10. OcSurfe

OcSurfe Uber Noob

Well that was always going to be a given wasnt it?
    Hopefully I can do it, youself and shaun justice!

Indeed, this has been on the booth at i51 all weekend and generated a good amount of attention so that is all we can really ask for!

11. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

Looked awesome at i51! looking forward to reading the build log, it's great when the renders and the final build look spot on. Great work.

J.

12. OcSurfe

OcSurfe Uber Noob

Cheers J, thanks for the kind words, Got work all week and a wedding at the weekend, so this update will be on monday!

13. OcSurfe

OcSurfe Uber Noob

Heres another update for you people, no hardware for you.....Yet!

As this is a case that is being produced for show on the MSI booth at i51, it is only fitting that we start this update with the MSI name being cut into the top. As you can probably tell from the size of the mill, this MSI branding was pretty small, but it just goes to show how accurate this piece of machinery really is and how small Justin can inlay some acrylic! :p

[​IMG]

Theres the roof panel all cut with the typical Parvum style air vents in the top which will act as an exhaust for the 240mm radiator in the roof. Now we just need to get the panel cut out of this massive sheet of acrylic!

[​IMG]

And there it is, the finished panel! Im pretty sure that when we picked this up Shaun said that it was the best Vbit that he had seen off the mill, I have to admit, it does look pretty damn good!

[​IMG]

Lastly, I thought I would let you guys see the finished cuts of the window panel that I put on the initial post. This couldn't have come out any better than it did and I can't thank Shaun enough for the amount of effort that he put in trying to get the designs right in the program before it went onto the mill.

[​IMG]

As with the initial post, I have a hectic work schedule coming up, but I will try to get the updates out to you guys when I can!

Leave a comment and your opinions, always good to hear what people think.