1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp Bit-Tech Digital 3D Render Gallery

Discussion in 'Modding' started by scooby, 6 May 2009.

1. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Hey Gang,

I've wanted to start this for a long time now since we have a number of great 3D artist in this forum. I think this would be a great opportunity to display, discuss and learn a bit more about 3D modeling and rendering programs and to show case your work so all can admire them.

Because we have a strong SketchUp following here I want to open this to all 3D modeling and rendering programs so we may learn more about this great art form.

Just a few RULE to follow:

1) 3D renders only (for the most part).
    2) No larger than 1280 x 1024 pixel (but 1024 x 768 pixel is preferred).
    3) The limit on the number of pictures is 4 per post (if you want to post more than 4 pictures, use thumbnails or post links without using the IMG tags).
    4) Do not quote images.
    5) Optionally, it would be nice if you could list your softwares + settings, and some info of your peice.
    6) Keep it clean and everyone play nice.:thumb:

I hope to see some fantastic design works of art here and as a reminder I want to keep the rendering theme more on computers and anything related to them.

That said render away boys and girls.:rock:

Scooby:naughty:

2. Dark~3nergy

Dark~3nergy what was dat sandvich ?

Nice idea scooby ! :)
    I'll definitely post my work here.

all renders are made in 3DS max 9 with Vray1.5.
    sry, the first two are 1680*1050, if you want I'll change the resolution

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    model © to craigbru
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 6 May 2009
  3. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

i wish i knew how to use 3dsmax. :(

4. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Beautiful work Dark.:eeek:

I wish I could afford those programs. I add those photo limitation for our friend with slower bandwidth connections. Maybe I should add a "56K Warning".

Love the work, please keep them coming. I feel a lot of people will start checking this thread out for rig building inspiration and ideas.:thumb:

Scooby:naughty:

PS I really like your last image...just stunning.:)

5. Dark~3nergy

thanks mate ! :)

6. HaoKi

HaoKi Lleno de anguilas!

Gonna have to go through my renders and see if I have something fun to add here :)

7. HaoKi

HaoKi Lleno de anguilas!

Well here are some renders... Too bad I still can't post some of the newer and nicer renders of a new project :S I'll see if I can make myself publish those later one ;)

My renderer of choice has been the integrated renderer in Solidworks...

The Eutanasia Project:

Some renders from the eutanasia-case-project...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some components from my library

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some random renders from newer projects...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Started a render pron thread, did we?
    Does it have to be computer-related renders?

9. HaoKi

HaoKi Lleno de anguilas!

Thinking about moving onto some other kind of cg-pr0n? ;)

10. Dark~3nergy

I didn't know that soldiwork had such good render outputs :eek:
    that's amazing, nice work !

11. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

[​IMG]

Modelled in Sketchup, rendered in Kerkythea using RayTracing High + AA
    Gotta redo that one someday. :)

Edit: Ppl, please keep the images smaller... you can always link to a bigger resolution. :)

12. scooby

scooby Minimodder

@Aterius Gmork, I’m very interested in your technique of adding that red glow in the case as well as your lettering and your power switch? I assume your adding a value to the “Self Luminance” section of the Material Editor. I find that when I do that it increases the rendering time a lot. Please elaborate bro.

I’ll reiterate what our good friend Aterius Gmork has said…
    @HaoKi, fantastic work m8. I have SolidWorks but have not had the time to really use and learn it but seeing your work I may look in to it again. I love the way the etching came out on your last image...very realistic. Keep them coming. You can't tease us like that and get away with it...we want to see your new project...please, pretty please. ;)

@ Cheapskate, I couldn’t help myself. Can you blame me look at all the great works we have already.

I’d like to keep it mainly computer related, BUT!!! I know some of you out there may have some interesting pieces you’d like to show and since it is related to renderings I will allow it for the sake of educating us in you technique and for the artistic aspect of this thread. That said I still want it more on a computer related theme. It’s all your fault Cheaps.:p

I was inspired by our good friend bentleya to do this as he created one on another forum, so bentleya if your out there thanks and maybe you can invite some of your friend to add to our little and growing thread.

Now it's my turn. These are some of my very first test renders and they seem to have turned out OK. Created in SU, rendered in KT.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some 120mm Grill I'm working on...
    [​IMG]

Keep them coming guys:thumb:

Scoob:naughty:

Last edited: 7 May 2009
  13. Aterius Gmork

I haven't installed Kerkythea or Sketchup atm beeing on my EEE in school, so I'm not sure if I'll get the right terms here, I'll edit them later on.

I did use Self Luminance indeed. There is a second option though, radiosity I think it's called. Basically it distincts wether the selected material does only glow or actually cast light. While the former one has about no impact on render times the latter one does increase render time drastically.

for the lettering I used a rectangle with a texture in the dimensions of the displays. This one I let only glow, but not cast light.
    For the button and the lightning in the case I did use the other option. And I made a newb mistake, I simply selected the meshes of the glowing ring and rectangles I've drawn in places of LEDs. :D

I should have used spotlights instead. In places where you can see the glow of your LED you might even want to use Common Illuminants, but those are pretty hefty as well.

14. HaoKi

HaoKi Lleno de anguilas!

Nice work guys :)

15. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

Man I need some tip on how to use SU and KT. Can someone help me out?

16. scooby

scooby Minimodder

What do you need stuartwood89? I'm still learning KT as well but I'll try to help you.

Almost ready to post some images of the Janova case I designed but I'm trying to get it just right. It does look awesome render thou.

Maybe I'll post a few first draft images and you guys can help me tweak it a bit.:thumb:

Scoob:naughty:

17. Aterius Gmork

Please guys, resize your images. I'm tired of all this scrolling just to see the latest reply...

18. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

It's mostl the whole textures thing. I make a model in Sketchup, but I can't chage the textures in KT. I'm told to import the textures into Sketchup, but they don't show up in the materials library so I can't use them. I just don't know where to start with the whole thing.

19. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Yeah, you have to hammer the texture change into place... You have to change them by selecting the objects in the list in the right hand side window.

It would be nice to have a better texture collection too. -some procedurals, maybe?

20. Dark~3nergy

4 more ^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love depth of field :D