1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Cooler Master Cosmos II Side Panel Mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by COMCAM, 22 Nov 2012.

1. COMCAM

COMCAM What's a Dremel?

Since there was no window for the Cosmos II, this happened.

This is my 2nd time to cut a window for the cosmos 2. There was a problem on the first window mod and that was the aluminum lock clips on the side. Before I used to separate the aluminum and plastic frame but now, no more so that I will not have nay problem with the lock clips on each side.

This time is a cut through using a dremel tip blade.

Design is a modified one out from Paul Tan's design because of a possible problem on the plastic brackets.

I cut first the mesh design on the grill so that the video cards can be seen and soon will be replaced with an acrylic glass. Sanded the plastic to smoothen it.

First I designed the acrylic sheet and have it laser cut. Then bended it to the contour of the panel using the heat of a rework station.

Then the cutting begins.

[​IMG]

The blade manages to cut some of the plastics at the back.

[​IMG]

Cutting the plastic was tricky, i have to cut it bigger than the front. The ones near the grill was difficult to cut since the dremel blade wonth fit even using the metal saw is hard.

[​IMG]

After cleaning the cuts, its time to place 3M 1.5mm thick mounting tape

[​IMG]

On this side, I will place some laser cut acrylic to hide this cuts.

[​IMG]

This is how it looks now. I will update this once this is done. Thank you for viewing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have cut the plastic filter and I will be cutting the hole dividers and place an acrylic sheet.

[​IMG]

2. Ra6

Ra6 What's a Dremel?

Nice and clean! The way I like it!

3. COMCAM

COMCAM What's a Dremel?

Thanks Ra6 for the positive comment

4. mikero

mikero What's a Dremel?

I know its an old POST & case, but I just picked one up and the first thing I did was start researching window mods for cosmos 2. Yours come up on day 3 of my searches AND, to date, BY FAR the cleanest window mod that actually flows with the door of this monstrous case. he doors sure are ANTI window but I plan on doing my first double loop in this thing. I dunno if I should attempt what you've completed or just take the door off- still trying to decide. Im a little "dremel itchy" right now and I'm afraid Ill burn up that plastic inside. Wish there was more of your completed rig to show off your work! I realize I'm prolly talking to a PC - so.... uh.... well..... bye?