1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Another "which 24" monitor" thread...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by amythompson172, 4 Mar 2012.

1. amythompson172

amythompson172 What's a Dremel?

Hi there guys,

I'll keep it brief, I am in the market for a slightly bigger monitor to replace my 22" HP W2207 monitor. I am after a 24" model, IPS if possible and as low as possible response time.

I was looking at the HP ZR24W, but it now appears to be discontinued (but some places are still selling them). The replacement for that one is a LED backlit one; ZR2440W.

We use Dell monitors at work and they seem to be reliable, however this one is going to be mainly used for gaming. I don't want 3D so a 120hz model isn't required.

This monitor (UltraSharp U2410) seems pretty great, but it is alittle bit more expensive then id like.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

2. healthhazad

healthhazad What's a Dremel?

I have a U2410 and its not bad at £350~ on Scan.

Certainly less then I paid back in August.

I love the monitor, does everything I need and games look good on it.

To be fair my PC is very old and I am in the process of building a new one so I can't run things at their highest res but I haven't noticed any ghosting or other issues.

Forgot to add... It also has a wealth of connectivity options on the back.

Last edited: 4 Mar 2012
  3. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Dell U2410 is a fantastic monitor, what are your main requirements? Colour? Resolution?