1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Dopamine - cryptocurrency mining case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by VipersGratitude, 24 Feb 2014.

1. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

2. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

or just use plastic storage crates like everyone else does and save your $250

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's the problem - when all you want is profit you cost down everywhere. Nice idea, nice look, but overdone! Wouldn't mind one like that which showed off a WCing rig though.

4. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

I disagree, but only partially. As a mining newcomer I have searched high and low for a suitable case for mining, and found none. I don't want a milk crate as they're rather unsightly, and every one I've seen has the GPUs perilously suspended over the motherboard and PSU.

If you're mining with some spare or secondhand 7850's and that old core 2 duo system you had that was gathering dust, then it's not really an issue.
    Building a mining rig from new however, with all top-end parts, I think is something to be shown off, much like we show off our gaming PCs. Mining for any reason, be that fun or profit, is as much a hobby as any (and believe me there is as much tinkering in mining optimisation as any overclock) and something to be shared... With the required cards being almost exclusively AMD, the rigs that can be put together in a red and black colour scheme are quite something!

I do understand that there are some mining purely for profit, for whom a milk crate in the garage makes the most sense, but I for one would be chomping at the bit for some of those cases (stackable!!! - Although I think 4 6 GPU rigs would be pushing my 30Amp domestic circuit limits) if they were already available in retail channels and doing my best to make it look something special :)

Just my 2pence

5. sandys

sandys Multimodder

6. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

But will it run Crysis?

8. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

get yourself some motherboard trays, and some cheapish shelving units to mount them on.