1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Curved radiators?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 13eightyfour, 3 Sep 2011.

1. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Im embarking on my first watercooling project and im having some issues, mainly down to the case which is a Lian Li PC-777 (yes the snail).

I want to try and make it look as 'factory' as possible which is proving really difficult. Id like to try and fit a 240 or possibly 360 rad in the roof of the case, but the curve means its going to eat too much space and wont fit nicely.

So.......
    1. Is there anybody that makes curved rads?
    2. Is it possible to 'bend' a rad with some heat?
    3. Do i try to build a custom rad to fit where the mesh is on the side panels?
    4. Should i just get 2x120mm rads and take the easy route?

So many questions, but im struggling to find any useful information.

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

1. I've never seen any
    2. I wouldn't want to try it personally.
    3. You could try to make your own, but that'd be very hard.
    4. I'd go for this :p

What's your system spec? Have you read my thread?

3. Picky88

Picky88 What's a Dremel?

You could use a cooling radiator from a small motorbike, Ive seen some curved ones before. You would have to research its cooling capacity though! You may end up only finding ones that are too big.

4. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

5. Picky88

Picky88 What's a Dremel?

Interesting read! Looks like he said it was custom made though. Depends on your budget for the build, you may find a suitable curved radiator from a bike.

6. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Small engine radiators are sometimes curved as already mentioned from motorbikes, gocarts etc. but finding the right curve radius might still be very difficult.
    It would probably more feasible to run single 120s in series. With singles you have a lot of placement options.
    It's hard to tell from pictures, but would it be possible to make a mount on the rails above the motherboard for a 2x120 and cut out a grill in the back top curve?

7. Fuganater

Fuganater What's a Dremel?

8. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

That was the backup plan, Ive sent a couple of emails to rad companies that offer a custom service, just to see if having it custom made is an option.
    I dont really have a budget but will pay what i think to be reasonable to get it sorted :thumb:

Ive been playing in sketchup with a passive idea using the spaces in the side panels, ill get some pics up later to show the idea.

Thanks for all the replies so far.