1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Metal Gear Solid Taught Me To Appreciate Games

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 31 Aug 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Very nice :)

To me MGS1 still is one of the best.

What people need to remember is that it is hard to put your mind back in time and understand how amazing this game was back when it was released. Now we see mehh gfx. Back in the day this was the most beautiful game out there. So enourmous, so much possibilities, so stealth, such an amazing story and such amazing boss fights.

3. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

I play the original a lot still on the PS Vita and Snake's face looks like a potato. Sad but true.

The gameplay is still great though and that's why I play the original over twin snakes, twin snakes made a lot of erroneous changes to the core mechanics in my mind.

4. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

Ah, now your talking! Meryl's Codec Frequency had me running around the game looking for a case with it on for what seemed like an absolute age. Picking up the games CD case to check the instructions for any tips was when I noticed it on the case, the penny dropped and I froze in complete awe.

COngrats on being able to complete the game i less than the 4 hours, this is something that always evaded me and could play through on the hardest setting in 4 hours and 3 mins but never did break that elusive 4 hour barrier to get the highest rank possible. It was a gripping 4 hour run through though not being able to use any saves.

This is one game I have played through more than any other and I hope the latest MGS lives up to the the legend it has created for itself.

5. rollo

rollo Modder

your not the only one with a massive steam collection of unplayed titles lol. Ive done that Steamdb checker before and the totals are quiet crazy.

6. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

7. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

Siphon Filter was good at the time too.

8. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

I remember Siphon Filter purely for being the most realistic running/sprinting animation up to that point! that and the Blooper and Taser weapons!

9. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

I really liked the boss fights in Syphon Filter - one headshot would just take care of them, or the final boss could be killed with a single gas grenade.

Don't get me started on the taser: childlike me was rather chuffed you could tase a man till he caught fire...

10. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Haha yes the running was top notch! I totally remember that as well!

11. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I think I'm far higher than 50% unplayed...

12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Oddly enoughh MGS1 is the only one of the series I've played - I loved it at the time but for some reason I've never picked up any others.

I only have 3 games that I own that I've not played yet. I tend to thrash the living daylights out of anything I buy until it gives me enough mental fatigue that I have to move onto something else. I still like to get the most out of any game I buy.

Couple that with my naturally tight nature I tend to pick up most games further down the line when they're cheaper and the gpus that can play them maxed out are cheaper also so that leaves little room for games to be laying around for too long. :)

That said I've just picked up GTA V that I will disappear into for some time, I guess Skyrim will have to stay at 800 or so hours played, second on my list to 1000+ on BF3 :)

The one problem with this method is, as per BF4, I've completely missed it out - I'd worn myself out on BF3 for that style of gaming and the time I put into it and so I sometimes have to skip games in a series so the next one will be BF5 for me.

Tags: Add Tags