1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Corsair launches Strafe RGB Silent, Katar mouse

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 27 Oct 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Still looking for a reason to replace my membrane G510s keyboard. This might be it!

Can't use 'clicky' keys as I hold my little'un while playing strategy games with her when she's going to sleep so cherrys would wake her up. Silent actuators, on the other hand, may be the way forward!

3. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I hope and will wait for a full review of this and I really like the look of it.

As a mech keyboard though I still feel edgy as I have never tried one, let alone actually used one regularly so I really don't know what to go for in terms of key type, especially now with these new 'silent' keys. As far as I am aware, there is no where in London that stocks these peripherals either so I can't try them out.
    (For info purposes, I use a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard).

4. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Currys normally have demo models out on the shop floor for you to try. You might not get different switch varieties, but at least you can try out one type that they should have.

5. SchizoFrog

Confused.com

Do you mean Currys/PC World as there is no Currys any more. I have never seen them have this type of keyboard in stock let alone on display. At best was the Logitech G15 and that was years ago (8?) when I had a brief 3 month stint working for them.

However, I shall take a look at the local store and see if things have changed more recently.

6. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

7. SchizoFrog

God forbid someone should ever make a mistake or isn't aware of every Currys location in the UK eh?

However, my point still stands as I live in East London and having phoned the 3 nearest Currys/PC World stores I have been told that none of them have gaming keyboards in stock in store so they won't be on display and I don't fancy a trip to Bolton... EVER!

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I think the *facepalm* there was directed at DSGI, for running two separate branches of what is these days the same company in a single retail park rather than closing one and turning the other into a Currys/PC World, not at you.

9. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Seems awful strange to me as the one at Braehead near Glasgow has a stock of pretty much all Razer Chroma and Logitech G-series gear. And quite a few of them are out on the floor. If not, the assistants there are normally pretty happy to open a box and let you have a play.

10. Scootiep

Scootiep Minimodder

Four programmable buttons does not a gaming mouse make.

11. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Never seen a single gaming product unpacked in the Belfast one, luckily it shut down, the staff was way too eager to descend like a swarm of locusts on anyone who dared to enter...