1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Steve Ballmer steps down from Microsoft board

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 20 Aug 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Les Grossman personified, I'm gonna miss him.

Although I'm willing to bet it was not a pleasant experience to work for him so perhaps I shouldn't joke about it.

3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

Since Ballmer became CEO, I can't say the company was doing all that great. I'm not sure if he was directly involved in everything that flopped but regardless, I'm not sure he's the best choice for Nadella to come to when in search of answers.

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

You say that schmidtbag, but some people would say that during his tenure he tripled Microsoft's net income and revenue, so from a financial stand point he was a success.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

But could it have done better? This Vanity Fair piece, Microsoft's Lost Decade, is an eye-opening account of how Microsoft changed under Ballmer's leadership.

6. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

That's the golden question isn't it, could it have done better ? Possibly, probably, yes, no. :confused:
    This maybe a time to ask parallel universe Gareth how Microsoft is doing on the other side, or has he been trapped in amber :D

7. Gareth Halfacree

<topic="off">Considering how terrible the science-babble Dr. Bishop comes out with really is, I'm thoroughly enjoying Fringe! Nearly through the second series, I think.</topic>

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

What's worse is that I suspect Nadella may be another leader chosen in the old mold. He writes memos as long as Ballmer; that's a bad sign.

9. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

From Page 6:

And recently it has been announced that Microsoft would be cutting thousands of jobs, did Ballmer get the idea for the massive shedding of weight from Vanity Fair?:D

10. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Goes to show how far a second rate car sales man can get, any thing is possible in this world.

I wouldn't buy a toaster from this guy, time for proper managers to step in now that actually have considered intelligence,

Look how far brash got him, impressive but thank you and don't bang your head on the way out.