1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Logitech G710+ review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 21 Mar 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

"at £129, it's pretty much on the money in terms of pricing. "

You mean insane?

3. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Not for a fully mechanical keyboard with all those features - for a crappy rubberdome keyboard it would be insane

4. tad2008

tad2008 What's a Dremel?

For the most part I do like Logitech products and have stuck with them for years though they don't always seem t get things right or move on with new concepts or designs often enough and fear they are slowly stagnating.

My all time favourite keyboard was their Internet Navigator with the scroll wheel on the left hand side of the keyboard, it didn't take me long to get used to using it but even now I still occasionally reach for it. I just wish that they had done a wireless version.

5. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

Over-looking the orange, I actually thought it was pretty tasteful in the looks department, and their best looking g-series kb so far. When my current kb bites it this may be on my short list for a replacement.

6. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

I really love the LCD screen of the G15 and G510, Logitech on the whole make great keyboards - but playing MMO's and especially using Ventrilo or team speak - the display allows me to see who's yapping.

Not to say this keyboard is not great, it looks it for sure, but, until we get a mech keyboard with a similar display philosophy to the G510 at a price certainly no greater than this unit - I will stick with what I have as the features.

I agree with Tad - removing useful features from newer products (which were available on earlier models) is only presenting reasons not to change.

7. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Once you hit this price though, why buy something so ugly? Looks are personal taste, of course, but I think it's hard to argue that's an attractive design. Unless macro keys are an absolute must I can't see any argument for buying this over the competition.

8. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I'll buy a mech. keyboard when they don't cost as much as my gpu.

9. Meanmotion

You'll be waiting a looong time. They're just inherently expensive things to make. 110 individual precision engineered switches with individual backlights mounted on a sturdy chassis, it's astonishing they cost as little as they do.

10. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

But how much longer will you be using that keyboard than your GPU? ;)

11. Meanmotion

It does look quite a bit better with the orange section painted black: http://www.overclock.net/t/1316586/logitech-g710-disassembly-and-modification-56k-warning

12. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

That looks f**k ugly. I'll stick with the 60% mech boards like my pure.

At that price if I wanted a full size board I'd have to pick a Filco as I wouldn't use the extra features.
    Also I don't get why logitech opted for that usb cable? Why not go for a removeable cable?

13. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I'm sure mechanical keyboards are great but I've had a rubber membrane keyboard I got from Walmart for $4.99 that I used for hours a day every day for like 5 years. Gaming, typing, etc. I only replaced it because I spilled a drink on it and busted the space bar clip when trying to pry the thing off.

I can't really see the value proposition of a mechanical keyboard (I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons to want to own one besides durability of course).

14. sear

sear What's a Dremel?

Has anyone noticed the quality of writing on bit-tech has dramatically decreased lately? Does anyone even bother to edit things before they are put online? I'm not talking grammar Nazi stuff, I'm talking very basic "I know the English language and write better than a high school student" stuff.

15. Xir

Xir Modder

Well you could just get a Cherry G80 for less than half the money, not as fancy looking though.

16. monkeydud

monkeydud What's a Dremel?

I got a mechanical keyboard for £49 it's the new steelseries one and it's fantastic!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

17. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I myself didn't think much of mechanical keyboards until I finally made the switch about 6 months ago. I've never owned one and barely remember typing on one as a kid when I would have access to one so I took the plunge when I had some extra $ around. I really wasn't expecting much but I was wrong, I got a quickfire pro tk on sale with mx brown switches and now I no longer feel like my fingers are falling off after a long session of typing or gaming. The keys really do have a different feel than any membrane or alternative type of key out there. It really does change the way I type and play as far as how much force my fingers are using since each switch is nearly identical on the board. Spamming a button feels fluid and even while on my old keyboard I would find that it felt mushy and sticky. My old board was a wolfclaw with generic membrane switches.

Now I'm not saying you can't have a great non-mechanical keyboard. The microsoft sidewinder x4 I bought for a friend has nice feeling keys for a non mechanical and I've heard some nice things about the new steel series apex line of boards that are also non-mechanical but I really do think that you should go out and find a few to test out at a computer store or something because it's a very hard thing to explain just how nice it is to type on one for only a few minutes. I honestly don't think I'll ever go back to any other keyboard type now that I've been converted. The only thing you gotta know about a mechanical keyboard really is what type of switches appeal to you and to test the most common ones, if none of those are appealing then you should just stick with what you got. (red, blue, brown, clear)

18. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

You're right actually, it's improved greatly by removing the orange. It's still well below average in terms of looks though, IMO. It looks like it's designed to appeal to a twelve year old, who we all know can afford to spend that much on a keyboard... :/

19. leslie

leslie Just me!

I'm trying to figure out if Bit-Tech (finally) hired someone who understands mechanical keyboards or their ratings are just extremely inconsistent. Go back and compare the scores/feature/prices on this to the recent Ducky and Filco reviews.

Seeing as how you can get you can get mechanical keyboards for under $60, you probably need a new graphics card.

20. curme

curme Minimodder

I have this keayboard and it has an annoying habit of sticking keys wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwway too often. I have to reach around to the back of my pc and unplug/replugged the keyboard to get the keys back to normal.

Tags: Add Tags