1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice New build: no display or usb after restart

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by ridders, 2 Sep 2014.

1. ridders

ridders What's a Dremel?

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping you can help, as I'm running out of ideas. The following components have been used for this build:

MSI Z87M Gaming Mobo
    Intel Core i5-4690K 3.50GHz (Devil's Canyon) Socket LGA1150 Processor
    3x M378B5673EH1-CH9 Samsung 2gb Ddr3 1333mhz Pc3-10666 240-Pin Cl9 Non-E
    XFX Radeon 4870 HD graphics card
    OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W ATX12V PSU
    Maxtor STM3160815AS 160GB HDD

Installed OS: windows 7 Ult 64 bit

From cold boot the system will boot into windows with no problem, however if windows is restarted or simply entering and exiting the BIOS, I lose the display "no signal" and it appears I lose usb functionality too as the lights on my G11 go out.

So far I've stripped the system down to minimal config, so just mobo, cpu, 1 ram module, and swapped the psu out for an XFX 750W to make sure it wasnt psu compatability causing the problem, however the issue still persists.

Some guidance on this would be great.

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Using the latest 1.4 BIOS ?
    If you are i would guess that it maybe something to do with the sleep state setting in the BIOS.

3. abezors

abezors Lurking since '08

I'd look here too. Previously had the same issue with a Gigabyte board a couple of years back. Turned out it was one of the sleep-states or "ErP" low-power modes.

4. ridders

ridders What's a Dremel?

Hi Guys,

I discovered in the end, that in the bios you are required to not only flash the BIOS to the latest version but also the Intel Managment Engine. Flashing the BIOS alone does not resolve the issue. I've updated the ME and now have a display after exiting bios and restarting from windows. Thanks for the help anyway :)