1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Asrock to release Killer 990FX board

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AlienwareAndy, 15 Dec 2013.

1. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

In an odd twist Asrock have seen it necessary to make a high end 990FX board with M-2.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7580/asrock-to-release-990fx-killer-motherboard-with-m2

Does this mean FX sales are high enough to justify making such a high end board? could this mean a decent MATX or even ITX is on route?

Must admit I do find it rather intriguing as to why Asrock would spend money in R&D on a board that many think no one would use. Have they been getting sales figures from AMD?

Must say I do like the fact that it has the Killer NIC. I know most people hate on them but I must admit the dashboard software is bloody great. So easy to block/unblock apps.

2. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

Interesting choice from asrock there. Only last month there was 'leaked slides' supposedly showing amd planning to ditch the am3+ socket and with it, the high end desktop segment all together.

There is some speculation in the comments of the article to a possible new fx chip launch. God I want that to be true.

3. AlienwareAndy

Yeah it's all so bloody push pull at the moment. One minute the socket is dead, next minute AMD are saying it isn't :wallbash:

IIRC the latest is no it isn't dead, new CPUs in 2014.

There isn't really anything wrong with the 990 chipset. Yeah, it's a no go for PCIE 3 but IMO that was just a waste of time any way (much like triple channel ram).

I just hope Asrock press on with the range and make a decent MATX board because they would have the market all to themselves.

4. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

big rumour is that `slide` was made by an intel fanboy

5. AlienwareAndy

Of course. Amazing really just how spiteful people can get. Wanting the only company who keep your CPU prices in check gone and buried. :nono:

Madness.